1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

binder for cosplay

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Yato Gami, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Yato Gami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,
    I wasn't sure whether to post this here on in 'Gender Identity and Expression' but I decided, that that's the better place for it, because I won't use the binder for gender expression (maybe I will some day, but I don't want anyone to notice yet) but for cosplay reasons (yey, so I have a reason to buy one :grin: )
    So, is there anyone who already used one for a cosplay? I wan't to cosplay Yato from Noragami when he was a god of calamity (I love that anime, see my name :grin:)
    Can anyone recomment me one? Do you know any online shops, which sell international? (I mean like amazon for example, I don't want to pay 1 Million euros for shipping if the shop is located in the U.S. or sth)

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

2. Yato Gami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh I forgot: I have A cups, so I don't need a "strong" one. Idk if it makes a difference^^
    (didn't know how to edit)

3. InfinityonHigh

The main places i know people get binders from are online such as Underworks, GC2B (I've never gotten one, I don't know too much about buying them). Amazon or Ebay aren't the best places for binders. Google "chest binder" or something similar and I'm sure you'll find a lot of place that sell them.
    However, since you're not that large-chested, you could try binding with two sports bras and that could save you from having to buy a binder. Especially if you're only wearing this once or twice. Try this method and see if you feel ok when you're doing it, because if if it doesn't, it's not right for you. Listen to your body when you're binding. DON'T do it with tape or bandages no matter what.

4. Yato Gami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alright Thank you!
    I'm gonna try the thing with the 2 sports bras.
    Thanks for the advice of the online shops anyways. I'll see^^
    Why is it actually bad using bandages? Is there such a big difference to binders?
    Can binders be bad for you chest too?

5. InfinityonHigh

It's bad to bind with bandages because they constrict breathing as they were not built for that purpose. For example, ace bandages will tighten with movement. If you put it over your chest, every breath you take makes it tighter. It'll make it hard to breath and very possibly damage your ribs.
    Binders are safer because they're made for the exact purpose you use them for, binding. They allow for more movement and don't have the binding material all the way around your ribs. It is still possible to damage your chest with a binder however. Especially if you bind too long or wear one that is too small. I mentioned it before, but whatever you do to bind, if you feel uncomfortable in it, stop what you're doing and take it off.

6. Yato Gami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alright Thank you.
    I'm gonna try it out sometime (the binder I mean)! :wink:

7. InfinityonHigh

Glad I could help! :slight_smile: