1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by roryoswinpond, Nov 22, 2015.

1. roryoswinpond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    OH MY GOD.

This show is so cool, man.

Someone else appreciate it with me.

(Keep spoilers to a minimum though)

2. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm on episode 4. Loving it so far. I liked Daredevil better, but it's too early for me to tell which one will come out on top until I finish the season. Besides, Jessica Jones is a different beast altogether; this show isn't playing by anyone's rules. Very refreshing. And much like Charlie Cox in DD, Krysten Ritten is perfectly casted as Jessica.

Also, is there really a point to avoiding spoilers when the whole season is available already for everyone to watch? Courtesy spoiler tags for the first week or two are in order, of course, but everyone that knows the Netflix model should be aware that everything is out there from the word "Go."

---------- Post added 22nd Nov 2015 at 07:23 PM ----------

Oh and another thing on the casting, sadly, I'm afraid David Tennant as the Purple Man is not making the cut for me. I know all the Whovians are fawning all over him just because, but I don't find him threatening in the slightest. I get that the character is supposed to be a man-baby, but there's no bite to his portrayal. He is falling short of master manipulator and instead he is coming across as a toothless asshole; not even in the despicable sense, in the pathetic one. The character doesn't completely fall flat for me tho, thanks to the writing and the direction. I find his omnipresent influence on everything in this show far more menacing than when they put David Tennant in front of the camera. Basically, I like how he affects the world and the characters around him, just keep him out of the picture or maybe show me a more interesting angle on the character.

#2 RawringSnake, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

I haven't seen it *yet* but will soon be binge-watching... I'm kind of in this pre-hype phase, where I'm afraid to watch it because I've been anticipating it so intensely. It's all because it features my favourite actor, David Tennant, though. Not because of the actual show or anything... Though if the show's good that'll be a plus.

Is it good?

4. candyjiru

I want to watch this just because Kristen Ritter's "Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23" was one of my favorite shows XD;;;

[​IMG]

5. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I heard it's a good show, and I've seen gifs and photos of it. It's on my to-watch list.

6. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg I love her. I LOVE HER. She is so badass. Trish too! The women in this show are amazing, for the most part—Hope can go die in a ditch for all I care. The cop is annoying, but he is hot so he gets a pass (for now). Tennant is... Improving I guess? I really hope he rises to the occasion in the remaining 7 episodes. He hasn't had that much screen-time anyway, so maybe I'm being a little unfair. We'll see.

Sidenote: The use of purple in this show is brilliant, although it can get too on the nose on occasion. Whatever, this show is going for a pulpy (albeit in a good way) take on detective drama anyway, not everything has to be subtle.

SPECULATION CORNER:
    I wonder how long is it gonna take for Trish to turn into Hellcat and how exactly is the show gonna go about it? I don't think it will happen in this season, but hopefully that's on the works. She was an original member of The Defenders; which, for those who don't know, is getting it's own crossover miniseries sometime soon; so maybe we'll see her transformation there? SO EXCITING

#6 RawringSnake, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  7. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started watching this morning. So far I'm really interested by the storyline and I love Jessica Jones's character. I didn't know David Tennant was in it though.

8. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Holy shit.

Episode 7. Oh. My. God.

I feel sick. Blindsided. This got really dark, really fast. My god. I knew something big was coming because Netflix shows usually have some big paradigm shift happen in the middle of the season as some sort of mid-season finale, but I never expected the show to go this far. I commend them on it. This is brutal and definitely very affecting. I have sympathized with Jessica since the very first episode, but this takes that to a whole new level. I wouldn't be surprised if some people stopped watching after this. Worth it nonetheless. This is Grade A television.

9. BookWriter1994

I started watching it last night before going to sleep. I really like Marvel stuff so I kind of knew that this was going to be good. cant wait to watch the second episode tonight!:slight_smile:

10. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Update: Tennant has won me a thousand times over by now. He has definitely come into his own as Killgrave. Episode 7 is when he finally showed me what is it that Whovians see in him, and from there on out this has been his show as much as Jessica's. Really, the only weak link right now is the dumb cop, but even if his character is as one-dimensional as they come, at least they are doing something interesting with him.

SPOILER AHEAD:
    I did not see his villainous turn coming at all. I wasn't even aware he was a character from the comics! Much less a villain! NUKE. I had no idea that guy even existed. Nice twist, Netflix.

I'm on episode 11 btw. Getting close to the finish line!

#10 RawringSnake, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  11. prodigalme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    sounds like a show I should watch

12. Prince Toby

Out Status:
    A few people
    If any ones debating whether or not to watch the show i would say watch it. The characters are so great, they act real and the situations they're in feel realistic. I like the way it all panned out in the end too. My one piece of advice is dont binge watch it because it'll leave you wanting for more :slight_smile:

13. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I finished it a few days ago, and it's still all I can think about. It's one of the darkest shows I've ever seen and they handle every serious topic they go over so well. All the characters are developed, there's rarely a dull moment, and all of the actors are great. I'd recommend it for anyone who's not easily-disturbed.

14. RandomMatt

As someone who isn't really into Marvel all that much (and superhero media in general) I was kinda wary about getting into this show. I ended up blowing through all thirteen episodes in a few days however and I absolutely loved every second of it. The supporting characters were just as memorable, if not more so, than Krysten Ritter, and David Tennant played by far one of the creepiest characters in all TV history.

I still haven't seen Daredevil yet but I've heard equally good things about it. I'm more intrigued by these lower-key and more grounded in reality superhero stories, compared to the over-the-top hardcore superhero stuff like Thor and Iron Man.

15. RandomMatt

As someone who isn't really into Marvel all that much (and superhero media in general) I was kinda wary about getting into this show. I ended up blowing through all thirteen episodes in a few days however and I absolutely loved every second of it. The supporting characters were just as memorable, if not more so, than Krysten Ritter, and David Tennant played by far one of the creepiest characters in all TV history.

I still haven't seen Daredevil yet but I've heard equally good things about it. I'm more intrigued by these lower-key and more grounded in reality superhero stories, compared to the over-the-top hardcore superhero stuff like Thor and Iron Man.

16. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gearing up to finish the show tonight.

Words cannot even express how much I'm enjoying this, especially Tennant.

17. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gearing up to finish the show tonight.

Words cannot even express how much I'm enjoying this, especially Tennant.

18. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Averting my eyes as I scroll down this thread. Just watched the first episode last night.

19. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh my god...

*breathing heavily*

That. Was. Amazing.

To all who watch it, you are in for a wild ride.

20. thistlehorn

As a Doctor Who fan it was hard seeing David Tennant in such an evil role. I wasn't used to seeing him screaming and killing people in creative ways.
    Jessica Jones is probably the darkest Marvel series I've seen next to Daredevil. Every character seemed to hate themselves all the time.