1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aaliyah

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by bookreader, Nov 23, 2015.

1. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Has anyone heard of Aaliyah besides me? She was an R&B singer who died in a plane crash when she was only 22. In those 22 years, she did more than any of us did. Three multi-platinum albums, an engagement, upcoming movie roles, etc. Movies she were going to star in had she not died: Matrix films, Honey, and probably Sparkle. Her final album was the best she done. Very ahead of its time. (2001)

2. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I know of her. I remember coming across some of her songs when I was little. She seemed to be really a promising artist, I was shocked to know that she died so young >.<

3. tulipinacup

It really is such a shame. When I first heard of Are You That Somebody, you can tell that this girl was so far ahead than the rest. She was really down to earth and would have wanted to see her collab more with Missy Elliott.

4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I always wonder if she would ever work with Max Martin and Shellback. Probably.

5. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yes she would and the songs would be amazing!!!

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    At the same time, the lyrics would probably have no substance like her previous songs. I prefer her working with Timbaland, Missy, and Static.

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes she seemed like a great person and she was very talented. It's weird to think that if she had just stayed the night in the Bahamas maybe she would still be alive. From what I heard she was super eager to get back home and the plane she was riding on to go back to the U.S. was even smaller than the one she took to the Bahamas.

8. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, she was really tired. She was up all night and morning shooting. The pilot did tell her and her crew that they cannot bring all of that stuff on the plane. Too much. Idk what convinced her to go on it.