1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Lost fans here?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jard, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I absolutely cannot wait for Wednesday night. Ugh, I hate the long waits between seasons, it's insane.

2. missmelancholy

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't understand everybody's fascination with this show. I hear people talk about it nonstop and I seriously miss what all the hype is about.

3. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lost is a fascinating jigsaw puzzle of a show. I love the nonlinear storytelling, there are some really interesting characters. It's not perfect and requires a fair bit of patience, but it's all the more rewarding when the pieces come together.

But if you have no intention on sticking with it to the end, don't bother. I get quite angry with those people who stopped watching it and insist it's because the show isn't good, the show is as good as it ever was, you just have no stamina. Although I do agree that series 3 was a bit off in a few episodes, but I thought series 4 was brilliant and can't wait until the next series.

4. crystaltriforce

i hope they explain what that smoke thing is and why rose recognized it.

5. riddlerno1

Its on in the UK on sunday night but my retched SKY box has stopped working so im not going to be able to see it! grrrrr!!! I wait all year and the silly thing stops working a week before lost starts! :tantrum:

6. Twentysomething

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a total Lostie! I'm so excited for Wednesday!!! The long waits between season do suck but it's nice to get to watch the whole season straight through :slight_smile:

7. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Actually, they threw that in as a little joke because Rose is from the Bronx and one of the sounds used in the Monster's "roar" is the sound of a receipt printer from a NYC taxi cab. Yeah, I'm way too obsessed with this show. lol

I completely agree Davo, the show hasn't gone down in quality at all. The first part of season 3 got off to a rocky start but even the worst of Lost is above average when compared to everything else on TV. Season 4 just blew me away, it was easily my favourite season. I can sort of understand people leaving because it's gotten "too weird," but it makes me wonder why a magical Island with a monster and healing powers wasn't weird enough to push them away early on.

8. Shevanel

ME TOO! I CANT WAIT AT ALL LOL.

sorry i got really excited lol. last nite, it passed midnight, and i thought i had missed Lost cuz it said it was Wednesday and i was freaking out lol. IM SO EXCITED!

9. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Only an hour and a half left. :grin: Ugh, this is killing me.

10. -Michael-

Lost = fail

11. mattypants

lost = jumped the shark

i still watch though. i like figuring the insane plotlines

12. mrzach

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lost = best thing on TV , well it maybes doesnt beat Whose line is it anyway? but it still damn good! cant wait for the Sunday for the the first ep on Sky, wished it was on the same day as America...

13. StrataScribe

Ah man! I LOVE LOST! Best show on tv, hands down! I'm rewatching S5 premiere rite now (local channel's replaying all 3 hours ;D). I forgot how much I enjoyed watching Sawyer run around bare chested through the jungle.....Yum! And now (highlight: spoiler!!!)the entire island's time travelling?! Crazy!!!

14. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like it though I gave up on trying to figure things out long time ago. From the first episode, this season seems really promising. I was getting a little tired of it but I might just keep watching.

15. crystaltriforce

i think it's great that they are now answering more questions then they raise.

16. Courtneyyy

I missed it on Wednesday so I watched it on abc.go.com the other night.
    I watched the second half first and I didn't even realize that I was watching the wrong part first until I tried to watch the other one. It was better than I was anticipating. I was obsessed with LOST seasons 1-3, my interest kinda died, but I was too invested in the characters to stop watching. The start of this season got me back into it.

17. I watched an episode last night.

I never understood why people like it but I kind of am getting into it! :slight_smile:

18. 1974

sky plussing it tonight yay

19. Buffy44

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love this show!!!

20. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thought it might be worth it to bump this back up now that the season has really kicked in. What do you all think about it so far?

***SPOILERS FOR ALL EPISODES UP THROUGH 5x06 "316" BEYOND THIS POINT***

I've been absolutely loving it! I was thrilled to see Jin back in action (I knew they'd never kill him off :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) especially at the end of 316 when he drove in with the Dharma van. I think they've done a great job balancing the stories on and off the Island and I'm glad to see that they brought the Oceanic 6 back as quickly as they did. The last time they tried to keep up with two different groups at once (Early season 3) wasn't all that good. And I have to say that the fifth episode, "This Place is Death," probably makes my list of top 10 episodes ever. I cried a lot during that one. XD I'm really excited about tomorrow's episode. It's all about Locke and why he died so we should be getting lots of answers!