1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curse of the asian porcupine hair.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gasian, Nov 28, 2015.

1. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've been cursed with asian porcupine hair. You think I'm joking? Google Image it. Yeah. It used to lie really flat...ish, but ever since 6th grade, it's been like wearing a hedgehog everywhere. "Can I touch it?" "It's really spiky, but smooth!", etc. happen whenever somebody asks to touch my hair and I let them. I recently figured out that I could wear a beanie for about an hour on my wet hair; if I twisted it just right, I could get a really nice swept-aside look. It holds for maybe an hour. :dry: I also tried using this hair-wax-thingy, and if my hair is short enough, it spikes really well on the front, and I can slightly flatten down...for maybe two hours:dry:. I've tried a hair spray, which helped me get even spikier hair...some sort of axe hair lotion thingy, which wore off after it dried....and my current hair product, some sort of wax, which holds...for two hours:dry:. While it was nice in high school (perfect conversation starter), I need to start looking professional for actual jobs and stuff for my future. It's also exacerbated by my hate of hair products besides shampoo and conditioner (they make my head feel...fuzzy? not the right word, but my head feels off whenever I use them; kind of that feeling you get when you've slept during the day and your head just feels nasty...). My hair's soft without product in it too, something I'd like to keep. my hair...stylist(?) says it's because my hair grows in different ways. I've also basically given up on my crown (where all normal people's whorls are), because my hair just likes to stick up there. This is what my hair looks/feels like depending on how much effort I put in it:
    Hair without product: soft hedgehog.
    Hair with hair spray: angry spiky hedgehog (water soluble).
    Hair with hair lotion(axe): hedgehog that smells nice. slightly angry and poky.
    Hair with hair wax: greasy hedgehog (hair conditioner soluble).
    1)Please tell me I'm not the only one here?
    2) Please give me tips on how to make this thing on my head go from frightened hedgehog to sleeping mouse? Preferably without looking like

Literally, I like every part of my body right now, until I get to above my forehead. I need people to take me seriously, but with my current hairstyle, I feel like people won't, even with all the confidence and other magical people-skills stuff that I have.

2. RainDreamer

Get a different hairstyle? I am sorry if it doesn't sound helpful. I am asian too, but I keep long hair style (chin length) so I haven't encountered this.

Or you can embrace it and goes full anime style hair using hair spray. Dye it a little for style.

3. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, so what hairstyle? If I shave my hair to a buzz cut like thing, I look like a militant monk (neither of which I am a big fan of looking like). If I grow out my hair...I look like I skinned a porcupine and stuck it on my head...

4. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not too familiar with this kind of hair. What is the texture like? Is it thick?

Have you ever tried Gatsby Wax? I used to use that until it made my hair stiff as a plank, so I don't use it anymore, but you might be able to use it.

I kind of like the spikey hair look, though. It's really sexy, but that's just me. If you're not happy with it, you could try to grow it out and keep the sides and back short to see what you can do.

5. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's...well, it's kind of soft. If you pet in the direction of the hair, it's very smooth and soft. If you pet against it, it's still smooth, but also kind of pointy. As for thickness/thinness...I have no idea. After a shower, I can see my scalp when I move my head around as I look in the mirror, because the hair sticks together. When dry, though, you can't really see anything.

6. RainDreamer

Go for a mohawk! XD

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so jealous! I'd love this kind of hair!

But as for ways to tame it down. Maybe cut it short, and get a wig?

Or grow it out, and get a perm, and see it you could make it wavy/curly, instead?