1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by rudysteiner, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudysteiner

I thought I'd seen a 'what are you reading?' thread somewhere on the site before, but I can't seem to find it. If there isn't, let this be it.

I'm always looking for book suggestions, and I love recommending books to people myself, so I'll tell everyone what I'm reading:

'David Copperfield', by Charles Dickens. I've been reading this on and off since about the end of September. I have to finish by January but I've got about 300 or so pages left so it won't take long. This is for my English Literature class. It's a semi-autobiographical novel of Dickens' life, but I've only spotted a few parallels between Charles' life and David's life.

'The Secret Agent', by Joseph Conrad. I started this yesterday for English Literature, I'm currently on Chapter 4. The language is quite hard to get used to compared to Dickens, and it's much darker and lots more confusing than DC.

'Sputnik Sweetheart, by Haruki Murakami. I started this yesterday too, just because I didn't have a book to read and I'd wanted to read this for ages. It's great so far.
    I think this would actually fit in the LGBT books thread, too: https://www.waterstones.com/book/sputnik-sweetheart/haruki-murakami/9780099448471.

Murakami is rapidly becoming one of my favourite authors and my mum has just bought 'The Wind-up Bird Chronicle' for me, for Christmas. I've already read 'Norwegian Wood' and 'South of the Border, West of the Sun' and loved them both. I'm slowly working my way towards '1Q84' which I've heard a lot of negative things about, but we'll see.

Also, when I finish 'Sputnik Sweetheart', I'll be reading 'Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets'.

If anyone else would like to share what they're reading, then feel free.

Joe.

2. Formality

I'm currently reading two books.
    The Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith, is a book surrounding the problems with the vegetarian/vegan diet, agriculture and human civilization. It has been a quite interesting read so far and it has actually lead me to question my vegetarian diet.

Tjuvarnas Marknad by Jan Guillou. Translates to The Thieves Market is a societal satire about the rich, the powerful, the spoiled young and the people whose only objective is money and fame.

3. Formality

I'm currently reading two books.
    The Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith, is a book surrounding the problems with the vegetarian/vegan diet, agriculture and human civilization. It has been a quite interesting read so far and it has actually lead me to question my vegetarian diet.

Tjuvarnas Marknad by Jan Guillou. Translates to The Thieves Market is a societal satire about the rich, the powerful, the spoiled young and the people whose only objective is money and fame.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there!

There are already a couple of threads floating around:

Here is What Are You Reading? thread, which hasn't been updated since October 11th, and fell quite far down the page list.

And the related thread: Last Book You Read?

Please continue posting in them. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.