1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holland Taylor "Comes Out"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by HuggyBear, Dec 2, 2015.

1. HuggyBear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Interesting article, not something a lot of people talk about when stars come out. It's great for them and often has great affects on society, but still. It does kind of make sexuality kind of a sensation sometimes and turns it into a person's only defining characteristic to people who don't know them.
    I guess it's kind of like that with non-celebrities sometimes too. When someone comes out, many people, even those close to them may begin to think or refer to them as "their gay friend" which is kind of sad. I guess that kind of goes away sometimes once people get used to it and it becomes old news and you realize the person is the same. But we don't know celebrities like that anyway, so that doesn't really happen. I guess that just kind of comes with being a celebrity. People don't know you, so they just kind of cling to the few facts and things they can use to define you and turn it into something big. Hopefully one day this won't be the case so much but I think that will only happen once people stop doing that when people they know first come out.

3. HuggyBear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I a little disgusted by all the press this is getting...it's sad that this is still "news", you know? That's why I liked this, it wasn't more of the "OMG A LESBIAN!" like everyone else. Like I'm not people.

4. candyjiru