1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATWT: Luke and Noah-any fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Fiorino, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Fiorino

So i've been watching As the World Turns on youtube (specifically,
    the videos focusing on the plotline of Luke and Noah) and I'm HOOKED.

Here's the first episode for those of you who aren't familiar
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYd3leEVUjs&feature=channel_page[/YOUTUBE]

www.youtube.com/lukevanfan

Who's with me?

All hail the gorgeous Van Hansis (aka Luke Snyder):
    [​IMG]

and Jake Silbermann, who plays Luke's boyfriend Noah:
    [​IMG]

2. EM68

I am not a fan but this thread reminds me of a funny story. I was at the gym around New Years. They have big TVs around the workout area. The show was on and there was a scene with Luke and Noah making out. There were a couple of guys working out and one said Woh! What the F@Q$! I just smiled.

3. SpacerX

the guy in the second pic is the little boy from Jumanji! (i think, he's all grown up now)

I used to love that film.

#3 SpacerX, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  4. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes! Big Nuke fan!

5. smartstuff1508

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love that show. They're the only reason I watch it. :slight_smile:

6. Ionless

I've been watching Ollian more anyway. Haha. For those who are interested in what it is, it's a show called Verbotene Liebe (Forbidden love, in english), and if you don't mind reading subtitles you can find part of their stories on youtube.

7. Miles D

YES!!!!!
    I'm SUCH a fan!!!
    <3<3<3
    [​IMG]

8. Miles D

:confused: no, that's not the same dude.

9. TEres321

i love this show, and i used to watch it all the time, but school got in the way so i couldnt catch onto it anymore, i had NO idea what happened :/ so ive stopped watching now :frowning2:

10. Amy

Amy

I have, like, half of the clips watched.
    I looooove it. :slight_smile:

O, an Van Hansis is AMAZING.

11. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not really a fan. Those two have no chemistry, their relationship has always seemed kind of forced, and they rarely are involved in any interesting story lines. I really don't think the writers know what they are doing with those two.

12. newtothis

I never watched soaps. Just wasn't my thing. I found this story line by complete accident, searching you tube for the video for a song. After watching that video it struck a chord and I had to find out what this was I just saw. I really wasn't ready for what I stumbled across, but I found myself engrossed and watched their story from beginning to end this weekend. This story hit so close and stirred up emotions I haven't felt in long time.

I have always identified as being straight. I am engaged to a beautiful woman (inside and out), who I met after college. I always had girlfriends in high school and some in college as well. They say you never forget your first true love and I guess that is true with me too. I really don't have any particular reason for posting this, but I just wanted to find a place where I could unload all of this and move on.

In college I was best friends with this guy. We were always doing something together, were fraternity brothers, the whole nine yards. We both had girlfriends and life was good. But things would change. One afternoon we were watching tv and talking at my apartment after going to the gym. While trying to make a point about whatever it was we were talking about, I put my hand on his leg. We looked at each other for what was only a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity and kissed.

After that we pretty much stayed away from each other for a few weeks. But it is kind of difficult to avoid each other when you are in the same fraternity, have the same friends, etc. So one evening he came back over to my apartment, we had a few beers and a conversation about what happened earlier led to another kiss. Very shortly after that we both broke up with our girlfriends and started just seeing each other.

We kept everything between us, and our "dates" appeared as nothing more than two friends hanging out. It was the happiest I had ever been. There was a whirlwind of emotions that I had never had before. It was scary but at the same time it felt right. We would sneak a kiss here and there when nobody was looking, or a quick sly touch. But when we were alone it was explosive, even when just on the sofa watching a movie.

We had different apartments and both had roommates, but at night we would sneak into each others apartment so we could hold each other while we slept. The next summer his roommate went home so his apartment became "our" apartment. It was during that time when I first told someone I loved them and truly meant it. Our connection was so strong and intense. During our senior year we continued to grow closer and closer and our love for each other grew in ways that I could not imagine. I had never actually been in love before, not on this level, and I never thought that it would be with another man.

During the last semester of our senior year we started making plans to find jobs and move to the same city. Although we never had sex, we still considered each other to be our "lover", never used the term boyfriend, but just said that we were each others. But things were about to change. Our parents knew that we were good friends, but nothing else. He went home one weekend and had a talk with his mother... about us. I have to admit that he was much braver than I was/am. I didn't have the guts. She began putting a lot of pressure on him. It got to the point where we were crying together more than anything else, and neither one of us cry. It just felt like the only thing to do. The end was in sight and we both knew it. After graduation we went back to our home cities and gave an attempt at a long distance thing, which never works. Slowly we started talking less and less until we just stopped. It crushed me, it crushed him and placed us both in a depression. At this point we haven't spoken in a few years.

I am very happy now and cannot wait to marry the love of my life. But, it is true that you never forget your first real, true love. I was not prepared for this to rip open all these emotions and memories that I had stuffed away. I really hope that there is a happy ending for these two.

I am sorry for running on and on. Just needed to unload.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a fan but I'm still seriously pissed about this whole Luke and Reed storyline. I pray to God they finally reunite the two together again by the end of the series at the end of this year...or whenever it finishes...

14. VampConspiracy

I don't feel like following a several-year-long story from a show that employs half-baked actors and half-baked storyline elements a.k.a. an American soap opera.

15. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I saw part of their storyline on youtube and thought it was cute for a while, but eventually I just found Luke so annoying.
    Also the show's plot is just way too ridiculous and bizzarely unrealistic.

16. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So am I. What I really hate is that I think the story does have some potential and I love Van and Jake so much, but the writing is really annoying... constantly contradicting itself week in and week out, and there's not enough of Noah's viewpoint in this. I have lost faith in the writers. It disgusts me that the head writer gets to move on so easily to a new soap after destroying this one and ruining two others. :frowning2:

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell me about it. Do NOT get me started about the AWFUL AWFUL Ameera story...it was just soooo freaking pathetic...