1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moar trailers: X-Men - Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RawringSnake, Dec 11, 2015.

1. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    THE SUPERHERO SMORGASBORD CONTINUES!​

[YOUTUBE]COvnHv42T-A[/YOUTUBE]​

Not sure how to feel about this to be honest. On one hand, they definitely managed to convey a very end-of-the-world/Apocalypse feel, and everything looks [mostly] pretty slick (some of those CGI shots were very cringey tho). On the other hand, I'm not sure how I feel about the reintroduction of the new generation of mutants, you know, Cyclops & Co. I dunno, I kinda liked the simplicity of focusing on the Magneto/Professor X/Mystique trifecta. Plus, I don't trust Singer to keep the plot tight and focused when there are so many mutants(moving pieces*) involved. I guess we'll see

What do you think? Any thoughts on Apocalypse himself?

#1 RawringSnake, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't been following news about the movie, so I was kinda excited to see Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, just because I really like her, but my overall impression of the trailer was "this looks kinda like it's going to suck."

Hoping for a pleasant surprise.

3. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wasn't too sure about it at first, but once Apocalypse showed up, I found this trailer to be pretty epic. I still don't like how he looks, but I feel like I'll warm up to it.

This might just be my X-Men fanboyism showing up, but I'm really excited for this movie and hope that it will be as good as Days of Future Past.

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it looks pretty good! I wonder why Mystique is all Jennifer Lawrence-y and not blue?

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Well, bryan singer hasn't let us down so far. I wonder which character's they'll remove or significantly lessen the importance of to make more room for wolverine this time.

6. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, I love Storm's mohawks <3

I think this movie is not gonna disappoint me (I only hate the fact that they only showed Psylocke once in the trailer :dry: ). Well first it is because of the amazing casts! Whoever is the one in charge of casting, I applaud him/her. Another is the CG! Amazing! The trailer showed us that! I also love how different this is from the past X-Men movies! There's soooooo many things I am excited about in this movie, SOOOOOOOO MANY! This is one reason why I shouldnt die before May 2016!

Tho I am a bit worried on how Singer will try to reintroduce the old characters as new people in a different timeline. And where the fuck is Wolverine's bulgecool hair?! And I am still unsatisfied with Apocalypse's portrayal. He doesnt look so intimidating. But there's a part of the trailer where he grew big, so I think that will be the part where I will eat my words.

Maybe it's because of her hiding again? This is a different timeline. I dont know.

7. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    - I find it interesting that the trailer has no mention of wolverine.
    - Finally Xavier's turning bald!
    - At the risk of starting religious discussions here,

"I've been called many things over the years... Ra, Krishna, Yahweh"

"like the four horsemen of the apocalypse
    he got that from the bible
    or the bible got that from him"

What the heck is that ^ ? Is apocalypse some kind of god now?

#7 Ram90, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  8. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dont hide it, it's only a movie lol

I think that's how Stan Lee/Bryan Singer (since Apocalypse in comics is nothing like God/Jesus) wants point, Apocalypse is God/Jesus. And look who's one of the 4 Horsemen, Arcangel :lol: I actually find it cool (Im a Christian btw). This is a new (and fucking way cooler) portrayal of the Apocalypse (Biblical event)

9. 741852963

I love XMen, but this? A bridge too far for me:

-Apocalypse looks so cheesy, and his abilities are just "too much" (is he really supersizing himself like a dodgy hulk?!) - I prefer the smaller scale of things with XMen (XMen having individual powers with limitations) - Apocalypse just seems a supermutant which is very over the top
    -J-Law - she is coming on far too Katniss with her "we must fight" business, I think the problem is her acting - she has stuck to the same accent. It would have been better at least if they'd have kept her blue (to provide some differentiation). Having her with braided hair? Come on!
    -How one earth does this fit with the original XMen series? We saw in First Class how Mystique became a baddy...then now she is a goody...and presumably turns into a baddy again by Xmen?

#9 741852963, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  10. Ryu

Ryu

Can marvel stop making films now and let DC do stuff? I'm fed up of the avengers and x-men. The cash cow has been milked a little too much now for my tastes.

11. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because he is the most powerful mutant. He really is a supermutant. But yeah, I agree with you. I also prefer X-Men's powers having limitations.

LOL! I laughed after seeing her braided hair! It's like Katniss after a long battle in the Hunger Games without her fixing her hair lol! But hey, this is a different timeline. This timeline is where Mystique chose being good by not being blinded by her anger towards humans (DOFP). She's now very different from the Mystique of the past X-Men movies.

Like I said earlier, this is a different timeline. This timeline doesnt follow the timeline of the past X-Men movies. And in First Class, she doesnt chose to be bad. She chose to follow Eric's vision. That doesnt mean that she's bad :slight_smile: She was just blinded by her anger (DOFP) with the military that killed her friends (Azazel, Angel, etc). She also wants to assassinate Trask to stop him from building the Sentinels.

12. 741852963

Ah I see. They could've done with making that clearer during First Class as it seemed to be marketed as a "prequel".

I always thought it was a similar origins storyline as with Wolverine.

That makes me like this even less then, as I love the originals. And if it aint broke don't fix it...or create parallel timelines (unless you're Fringe, in which case, "create all the parallel timelines!"

13. HunterRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Apocalypse's power levels aren't a problem to me. He's the villain, he has to be powerful so the team has a challenge to overcome.

My biggest worry is that this movie will once again underserve the character of Storm. I will also never understand how Singer has no desire at all to explore Mystique's bisexuality and her longtime relationship with Destiny. (Or to include any LGBT mutants in the film, I doubt Psylocke's bisexuality will be referenced).