1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star wars: The force awakens

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by roryoswinpond, Dec 18, 2015.

1. roryoswinpond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wooooooow.

Did you guys like this as much as I did?

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    UH-HUH.

'Twas fabulous. Absolutely fabulous.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely awesome. Completely engaging, and the connections and integrations to the existing films and canon was... Flawless.

4. headsup1958

I was 19 when the original Star Wars came out on May 25, 1977. I was really hooked on Star Wars pretty much since then (Star Trek, too). I saw the new Star Wars today and it was awesome! It blends in perfectly with the series. All the pre-release hype was correct.

5. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Time to dodge spoilers like heck, I want to be surprised. I can't be surprised if I know everything about the little droid before I even see him. :lol:

6. 741852963

Voice of dissent here (hello! :smilewave). It wasn't bad. Wasn't particularly great either.

Better than meh, less than yeh! It neither ruins or accentuates the franchise. BUT...BB8 was adorable in ways the old droids never were (C3P0 and R2 used to get on my nerves).

If you've seen the originals trust me you won't be surprised (is that a spoiler guys?).

#6 741852963, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  7. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Im going to see it next week and I cannot wait. Iv seen no spoilers and all the reviews for it are very positive.

8. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Saw it today with my son. While I agree with Chip's review starting with "Completely engaging ..." I left the theatre underwhelmed. I had the same feeling after watching Episode III in theatres. Over time Episode III grew on me. I expect Episode VII will grow on me as well. First time I saw Star Trek (2009) I was like :wow: I was hoping J.J. would breath similar energy into Star Wars.

Anyone else feel this way?

#8 SiennaFire, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  9. FootballFan101

I liked it

Who else thinks Rey is Luke's daughter I mean, the pointer are there, the lightsaber called her, her family left when she was a kid, Luke left around the time she was a kid, he might of been her only family, why else would she be the main character

10. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty obvious to me that she is, especially given her strength in the force ... unless Disney is toying with us. Would have left the theatre differently had the revelation occurred in the final scene.

#10 SiennaFire, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  11. Plattyrex

I loved it. It was freaking beautiful. Does anyone else have a weird crush on Kylo Ren? It's like Loki in the Avengers movies, I can't put my finger on exactly why I like him so much, I just do.

12. thepandaboss

Oh my fuck, it was amazing. It's a nice blend of nostalgia and yet it manages to set itself apart. I'm definitely looking forward to Episode 8.

I thought so too. But it'd be so weird. Everyone in the galaxy's freaking related I swear to god. The Lannisters have more genetic diversity than the cast of Star Wars. :eek:

13. Jellal

I'm not even going to post a spoiler for this because I think it's dumb :B

THEY'VE *GOTTA* BE RELATED.

I mean, if that's a plot twist, then it's the shittiest plot twist I've seen outside of M. Night Shalamalayan.

14. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought a lot of the plot and some of the dialog and cinematography reminded me of Episode IV. And I think it set up Episode VIII to have a lot of the same themes that Episode V did. I won't get too much into specifics to avoid spoiling it for some people and boring others. Overall I enjoyed it and am mostly glad that Hayden Christensen was nowhere to be found. The dialog and acting were so much better than the prequels

15. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I kinda liked it. Except the part where the First Order presents itself like a neonazi cult. And don't even get me started on Kylo Ren.

#15 Weregild, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  16. CubbieBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I loved it! Saw it opening night and can't wait to go see it again. Saw it in regular theatre seating. Next time will be in IMAX!!!

17. choirsmash

They're totally related. I wasn't shocked at what happened on the bridge, but Chewie's reaction killed me inside.
    BB-8 is literally the most adorable droid ever, I love droids (R2 was always my favorite character)
    I'm so proud of myself for only seeing one spoiler before I actually got to see the movie
    I was impressed. You could tell it was Disney, but it wasn't in a bad way. I thought it was up to par with A New Hope. I wasn't ready for it to be over when it was, I just wanted more. There's so much I want to know and I'm not prepared to wait 2 years for the next movie

I also really saw the parallels between the First Order and Nazism. I know that nazism was paralleled with the Sith Empire and the Galactic Empire, but it was never as obvious (stormtroopers did exist though). The First Order was very obvious, especially during General Hux's speech.

#17 choirsmash, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  18. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Holy shit.

That's all I've got to say about this film. Oh, and it is worth ever penny to see it in IMAX 3D.

19. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found it unbelievably awesome, there were a few problems that really bothered me, but I would definitely jump at the chance to watch it again.

20. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wel, I've seen it three times by now. So you can say I liked it, yeah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There's a few problems with it (Is everything in space just a two-minte warp away?), but the dialogue and characters easily make up for it.

I'm already looking forward to seeing more of the new crew. All of whom blew me away!