1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cosplaying, but not watching anime

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Vav, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Vav

Vav Guest

I'm kind of interested in cosplaying. I enjoy making and thinking of costumes.I also enjoy dressing up. I just don't watch anime or much of anything. I'm not much of a tv or movie person. I prefer music. Would it be weird to cosplay when you don't really watch anything? One idea for a character I have is someone from the Capitol in the Hunger Games. I'm not even a huge fan of the hunger games. I just like the Capitol aesthetic.

2. JG1387

I so want to get into cosplay but I have neither the money nor the know how. But Also have seen very little anime. In fact, the only anime movie i've seen was "Howl's Moving Castle" (which was pretty good btw).

3. guitar

You don't need to be into anime to cosplay. A lot of people are into, say, Dr. Who for example, but not anime, and still cosplay. If you want to try it, go for it!

4. vashikaran

vashikaran Guest

Best content.

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

you could cosplay from a video game, movie or show as well. Or even make up your own costume; cosplay is about self expression, it doesn't have to just be an anime thing.

6. Vav

Vav Guest

I'll probably just make up my own anime and see if anyone pretends they have heard of it. :slight_smile: