1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs about being gay/homosexuality of the non-Pop variety

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ganondorf, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Ganondorf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Looking to find some songs that aren't about clubbing, but maybe touch on the harder parts of being gay. Emotional songs, maybe. Love songs, even. I guess in my loneliness I'm looking for something to relate to.

thanks. I'll give a listen to whatever you bring in here.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They aren't super explicitly gay, but Jumper by Third Eye Blind and Comatose by Pearl Jam :slight_smile:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Old and not-so-easy to find, but you might like The Fabulous Flirtations (not to be confused with the girl group of the 1960s). They were an all-male gay acapella group that had some wonderful and humourous songs about being gay (generally new lyrics to well-known songs.)

There are a couple of Youtube videos from the 80s, and I think their two best albums (before they turned into a threesome) are still available for sale.

4. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Broadway type music may or may not be what you are looking for but as far as genres go it's got a lot of expressly gay songs. A few that come to mind: "Unlikely Lovers", "What More Can I Say?" and "What Would I Do?" from Falsettoland. "Most Men Are" and "The Perfect Place on Christopher Street" from Most Men Are. "Dear One" and "Anything for Him" from Kiss of the Spider Woman. "Oh Mom, Oh Dad" from The Ballad of Little Mikey. "Song on the Sand" from La Cage Aux Folles. "My Brother Lived in San Francisco" from Angels, Punks and Raging Queens. "Take Me or Leave Me" from Rent. There's lots more...