1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martial Arts anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Yato Gami, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Yato Gami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, I'm pretty interested in martial arts. I was in Ireland for a year and started doing taekwondo and it made me so happy. Since I'm home again I'm not able to do it anymore because I'm living in a small town and there are no schools. As soon as I'm 18 and able to drive myself I will start doing some Martial art again in the next bigger town. I'd love to do Taekwondo again (obviously), Kung-Fu or Ninjutsu and Kendo.

Is there anyone else on here, who's interested in martial arts or practising one? :slight_smile:

2. rudysteiner

I absolutely love martial arts. I've never practiced one before and considering I turn 18 in a week, I feel like I'll stick out like a sore thumb joining a class.
    My options are limited, too, because I'm epileptic. I really like Shaolin Kung Fu and Aikido, but there's no classes for either in my city. They're not too far in terms of how long it takes to get there, but they're a train ride away.
    If anyone knows of any martial arts that don't involve getting knocked very hard on the head, I'm open to suggestions.

3. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I already got my black belt actually, but I am starting to feel like I need to take it even further, studying other martial arts and/or advancing even further. The reason is that I feel that as my life goes on, it is very likely that I will one day be the target of violence due to my sexuality, worldview, attempts to voice my brilliant solutions to humanity's problems, or at random due to our collapsing civilization. I feel that I need to become as physically strong as I can possibly become, because I need to be able to defend myself against anyone who tries to physically assault me.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a shodan (1st degree black belt) in shotokan karate. If I didn't get a new job across the state I'd probably be on my way to 3rd degree.

5. Yato Gami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh i don't think you'll stick out when joining a class. When I joined Taekwondo in Ireland (beginners class for adults), there was actually no one exactly my age but there were some younger ones (i guess around 14/ 15?) and the "real adults" (30 and older) oh and a girl who was 23 or so, we went skateboarding together as well. So Idk how old people will be at your martial art schools, but I don't think the age will be a big deal.
    I don't actually know too much about martial arts as I don't practise one right now, but taekwondo doesn't involve too much head kicking (at least if you're a beginner) but idk.

Where did you get the black belt in?