1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spotify

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ECMember, Dec 31, 2015.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Anyone use Spotify?

I love Spotify and I like the premium service. As a college student, I get half off for the premium service. I like Spotify because I explore album after album of bands I like or similar bands to bands I love.

The only draw back to Spotify, is just it feels like the decline of owning physical media like CDS or Vinyl.

I do have CDs of bands I really like Pink Floyd, YES, Deep Purple, Eagles, Roxy Music, Black Angels, Velvet Undergroud, Beatles but I kind've of get pissed off when Spotify releases online an album I bought. It doesn't really piss me off, but it seems at times I pissed away money.

I don't really piss money away, I only buy a physical album if it's for a band I really like or follow. I mean, I bought the early 1970s-mid 70s George Harrison album box set last year after I got paid. It's still sealed. I bought the US albums of the Beatles. I bought those last year.

I mean, I don't put Spotify under the bus. I love Spotify but I just hate at times when physical media seems to be threaten sometimes.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heck yeah. Aside from Youtube it's the only place to get the stuff I couldn't even find to buy elsewhere, and hand-pick particular songs from albums where I don't like some others on it.

They have recently increased the ads from one every few songs to several, but it's still free and a fantastic service.

#2 Argentwing, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  3. Ryu

Ryu

Nope. I'll only ever listen to CD's, Cassettes and Records, CD's, Cassettes and Records transferred to my phone, or youtube for stuff I don't have yet, and thats not very often. I can't stand not owning an actual album and downloading music straight from the internet.