1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Writing A Book About A Gay Man, Any Tips?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GayPugs, Jan 2, 2016.

1. GayPugs

So, I'm a lesbian. But, I like writing about men. My current fav book to write is called The Trouble With Tony. It was originally about these two brothers called Tony and Luke. Luke is super macho and super popular. Tony is your typical nerd. He loves knitting, fancy-looking hats, and makeup (yes, he is slightly trans-ish). Then, I decided that I wrote much more about Tony and made the book all about him. I also realized that Tony had become really close with one of my fav background characters: Chase the really nice gay chef who has a major crush on Tony. So, I decided to get Tony and Chase together. So, being lesbian, I feel weird writing a book about two gay guys. Help? :help: I just need a few tips. Also, I feel bad because Tony's personality is just that he's super "girly" but I feel like I'm stereotyping gay men (I think I have that under control, though, Chase is super macho and he's gay). So, anybody got any tips? Sorry this is so long, too!

2. Kinky

Kinky Guest

There's a stereotype for super macho gay guy too xD
    Make Luke less macho and Tony slightly less girly?

3. GayPugs

Lol. Luke's not gay. I think you mean Chase. Yeah, maybe a good idea... (btw, I put in the part about Luke because I wanted to prove that Tony was NOT meant to be a stereotype, that's just his character).

4. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Oh, oooh! They do fit in the Dom/Sub category. Personally I like the tradition approach, with Chase being the DomTop and Tony being the SubBottom.
    For something new, perhaps Tony can have a slight sadistic streak :grin: Girly boys can be occasional cut throat sadists too!
    Ooh. Ooh. Make them prank and tease each other!
    Can Chase be affectionate too? <3
    I'm sorry, at this point I'm just telling my own fantasies xD

5. GayPugs

Now I see that I didn't say enough about Tony's personality.
    Luke: I'm SO HAPPY! Let's have a party!
    Tony: Shut the Hell up, moron! Parties suck.
    lol that's what the whole book is about. A jerky sadistic kid who is having trouble with his life and getting through. All the girls at his girls think he's "misunderstood" but he's really just a jerk.

6. Ravi-VIXX777

Write a female version of the story? I don't know much of the story, but it sounds like it needs more conflict to make it interesting. Why not add something mysterious about this Chef's past, an ex, or even add another guy for a love triangle? (this is starting to sound like Twilight now) Goodluck on your story!