1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asian pop?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by transboy97, Jan 4, 2016.

1. transboy97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anyone here like Asian pop? Such as Kpop, Jpop, Cpop, etc.? Any suggestions on bands? Songs? I already know a lot of Korean groups and some Chinese groups. Any Asian Indie artists as well? Thanks for replying in advance. :icon_bigg :grin:

2. eMei

I love mandopop and undoubtedly the most famous Taiwanese artist is Jolin Tsai: she has a song with another huge star from Japan; Namie Amuro. Again, Namie is the biggest singer in her home country. Both of them have been in the industry for 10+ years and are generally household names in their respective countries.

The woman in my avatar is another Taiwanese singer, Elva Hsiao. She doesn't quite get the same success as Jolin but she is maybe my favourite Asian singer. I've recently bought her album Super Girl and it's pretty amazing.

As for lesser-known singers, I recommend the cantopop (Hong Kong) singer Sherman Chung. I don't know too much of her discography but I really love her song 'He's Not You'.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. :lol:

[YOUTUBE]C7wRb9adQUc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZNgZUJkg2a0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NIx5_o5VL0U[/YOUTUBE]