1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elephant

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by badwolf104, Jan 30, 2009.

1. badwolf104

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just watched a movie called Elephant. I heard about it, but when I saw on Blair Mastbaum's myspace that he liked the movie, and I am in love with him, I decided to give it a watch.

The film was very obviously based on the shootings at Columbine High. It had several different storylines that all kinda were linked by the shooting in one way or another.

But what drew my attention the most and made the film for me was a scene in the last 20 minutes or so. The two shooters make out in the shower before going off to the school.

It broke my heart for them, they were so lonely. This is most likely a very unrealistic portrayal, but in the film I just felt so bad for them.

2. davo-man

I don't know why, but I really disliked that film...I mean, yes you can have lingering shots as people walk away, but not for like 3 minutes. By the end of that shot of the guy walking away, you couldn't even see him anymore! To me, it waas very pretentious, but that's just my opinion

3. badwolf104

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, the walking was tedious. But the last 20 min. made the movie for me.

4. Mercy

Mercy Guest

i agree with badwolf104

5. Bowie

I didn't like the film. It seems to me like a pretty good idea that went horribly wrong.

6. Shevanel

Old Thread is Old as Hell.

Also, it's a Gus Van Sant film. That explains the entire film.