1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no gay attraction in pokemon :)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by cibi, Jan 10, 2016.

1. cibi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Attract causes Pokémon of the opposite gender to become infatuated. Infatuated Pokémon have a 50% chance of being immobilized by love each turn and unable to attack.

Attract will fail on Pokémon of the same gender, genderless Pokémon and those with the ability Oblivious. Mew and Cryogonal can learn Attract via TM despite being genderless, however, the move will have no effect.

i loled the other day while playing pokemon saphire,and its true...not to make a point out of this i just think its funny

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In Diamond there is a gay reference though (kinda?). "Two guys standing beside each other. Nothing wrong with that" :lol:

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's also those two female NPC's in Sea Mauville back in Omega Ruby. And that Battle Mansion trainer in X/Y implied to be trans, if I remember correctly that one was a little censored in the US.

But I can really relate a lot to pokemon in this aspect, because every time I "use Attract" it fails! :lol:

4. guitar

Lol I remember that! ....and let's not even start on Mr. Bonding lol.

5. MissMook

Could you imagine if it did, though? It'd EASILY be one of the most broken moves in the whole series.

I recall one of the writers of X/Y stated once that one of your rivals, Shauna, is canonically bi. She says some pretty intimate stuff to you while watching fireworks, regardless of what gender your character is.

6. thepandaboss

I always thought it should be based on compatible egg groups. So that way it leaves it open to gender but doesn't break the game (well, it kind of does but not that much).