1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Think Rainbow Dash Is Gay?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GayPugs, Jan 16, 2016.

1. GayPugs

Or bisexual, at least? (Excuse me if I spell anything wrong, I didn't sleep last *yawn* night) I'm pretty sure a lot of the people on here might say, "I WISH!" But, I'm serious. She has a rainbow hair and main and they've never had any kind of romantic interest for her (whereas, Twilight Sparkle has a crush on a handsome knight, Fluttershy may have some sparks with Discord, Rarity dreamt of going to the ball and meeting her prince and they'd fall in love together, and I'm pretty sure there was some sort of romance with Applejack and someone). Then, again, you could say that Rainbow Dash was born rainbow and it's not her fault she can't find a good boyfriend. But, just to play into the stereotypes a liiiiittle bit, Rainbow Dash is a boyish type. She's confident and always has to win. She loves sports, too! And, in Equestria Girls (the My Little Pony movie), she wears a rainbow-colored bracelet. I don't wear random brown-colored bracelets because I have brown hair! I wear rainbow bracelets because I'm lesbian. See my logic? What are your thoughts?

2. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's see....

For Applejack:

She has never had any form of "romance" in the show, the nearest I can think of where you're coming from is where there was this stallion called "Trender Hooves" or something, where he had a crush on Applejack but Applejack didn't return his feelings and wasn't interested in him, where as Rarity was interested in him but Trender Hooves wasn't interested in Rarity. We honestly don't know what Applejack is interested in, she's more concerned about her career to care anyway.

Speaking of Rarity:

It's pretty clear she's into stallions, from her crush on Trender hooves to Prince Blueblood, she always seems to be crushing on some guy. She could either be straight or bisexual/pansexual.

Twilight:

We know she's into Flash Century (the royal guard) but if were going for the whole pony coat and mane colour= sexuality thing, then she could be said to be bisexual since her colours make that of the bisexual flag. So straight or bisexual/pan. Same as Rarity.

Pinkie Pie:

Is usually busy working on some scheme to care. She has made so dirty jokes on the show on occasion, and there was one time she pretended to flirt with a statue and pretended that the statue of a male pony was complimenting her. Many people ship her with Cheese Sandwich, but that's not official or anything. If you were to go with the whole pony coat and mane thing again, then she'd be pansexual.

Fluttershy:

I'd have to disagree with the whole discord thing, I do not see any chemistry there what so ever (plus they are different species and Discord is way, way older so I find such a concept to be very creepy indeed, why would anyone ship them? :confused:). She's never been shown to have any love interests so far. (Although I do kind of ship Treehugger and Fluttershy, but yeah...) So we can't really say with her.

And finally.... Rainbow dash.

As for the whole bracelet thing- in the films the only colours on her bracelet are red, yellow and blue. Not really a whole rainbow there. For the other characters most have matching bracelets for their cutie mark or overall design, it's interesting how they only put red, yellow and blue for Rainbow Dash (but understandable, homophobic parents might kick-off if she wore rainbow bracelets). Other than resorting to stereotypes, since she hasn't had crushes on either male or females you can't really say.

I know there was a bit of controversy concerning Rainbow Dash in the beginning, critics were saying that Rainbow Dash was a negative lesbian stereotype- to which the creators of the show responded among the lines of "we never said or implied anything about Rainbow's sexuality, nor do we confirm she is or isn't a lesbian".

#2 Canterpiece, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always thought he was a boy, and also gay.

And in my own MLP world...he is! :slight_smile: