1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone into George Michael?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by goodbeat94, Jan 17, 2016.

1. goodbeat94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a huge fan of George Michael! I absolutely adore his solo work and his Wham material as well! I've always heard his music growing up because my parents were 80s teens but I didn't really start looking up to him till I was 19 or 20. I'll be honest he kinda was one of the first male celebrities I started crushing on lol. I remember watching the Faith video and it kinda turned me on when he started shaking his cute little booty lol. Last year, I went to the hairdresser and I told her to make me look like George Michael and she went "are you kidding? I LOVE George" and we bonded over our love for him and his music! I always feel super cool and confident when I go out with my hair fixed up, my leather jacket and distressed jeans, and aviators, looking very Faith era lol. I even got my ears pierced like he did and I plan on getting gold hoops and even a cross earring just like his and just go all out with the look!

I don't think there's anything bad about him. Like he's one of the few celebrities out there that I would think isn't "problematic" or anything. I especially thought it was very brave of him how well he handled the whole bathroom scandal. He wasn't embarrassed or ashamed or anything. He just used it as an excuse to come out to the world as gay. Although I wasn't surprised at all to find he was gay, I mean the whole Wham era was unintentionally homoerotic in a sense lol, it's nice that he's came to terms with himself and he's not ashamed and he seems very happy and content with his life! That's a good role model in my book, and in a way, he kinda made me feel good about my sexuality and who I am as a person because of his confidence in himself. That's really cool! He's a cool guy! There's rumors he's gonna make a comeback this year, hopefully that means a new album and a tour, specifically in The States, it's well overdue for sure! Don't think he's toured in america in ten years probably.

As per mentioned, the Faith era was flawless, but I think my favorite GM album would have to be the incredibly underrated Listen Without Prejudice. Because of my favorite song of his, Cowboys and Angels, it's a beautiful song, very beautiful lyrics and jazzy instrumentation. The album as a whole is very jazzy with a little R&B and even has some Beatles vibes too! I also like the Older era too!

2. Pete1970

Weird you would post this, I was just going to listen to Faith in the car tomorrow on the way to work. Of course, I am 1 of those 80'S teens. I didn't know any other guys that admitted to having his cd's. I remember when the bathroom incident happened, it was such a big deal. I think if that happened now, it wouldn't be that big a deal

3. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wore out my cassette of Faith back in the 80's and I really liked Listen Without Prejudice as well. The Wham stuff was fun, but I wasn't that into it.

At his prime, I think he was one of the best vocalists in pop music, though I think drug use and hard living have taken their toll on his voice over the years.

4. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love George Michael/Wham

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He's a pretty damn fine artist ... in my book
    he just needs driving lessons

6. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I recently found a greatest hits album of his and I love it.

7. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have several of his songs downloaded on my phone. Careless Whisper, Father Figure and One more Try are some of my faces.

8. goodbeat94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I kinda dig his wham stuff, not as much as his solo stuff. And I think he'd agree.

As far as his current situation, I honestly think he sounds pretty decent for his age. I have his Symphonica record he put out a couple of years ago, it's a live album. And he sounds pretty good. Even sang some of his classic tracks on it and some covers. It's pretty good!

9. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Much like Stevie Nicks, I think he sounds better now than he did when he first started trying to make his "comeback," but his voice still isn't what it once was. He has lost some of his muchness.

And whether he agrees or not :badgrin: I find his solo work to be far superior to his Wham stuff, but everyone has their own taste :slight_smile: