1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The sweet sound of nostalgia

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sunshinebi, Jan 19, 2016.

1. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been making some playlists of old music lately. Much of it I still like but just stopped listening to for some reason. Certain songs are really nostalgic for me because I would listen to them with my older brother or on long car rides with my dad. Anyway, I was wondering, what's some old music you guys like that really brings you back to better times? For me I'd have to say that 3 Doors Down, Paramore, and (in all seriousness) Nickelback are my golden oldies.

2. eMei

This isn't necessarily old music for most people, but all of Lights' songs from The Listening are nostalgic for me. I discovered her when I was 11/12 so I went through a lot of development/maturing listening to her music. Drive My Soul is the main song for it though.

3. GayPugs

Nostalgic songs for me are.... ^_^ Say It Isn't So by Hall And Oates aaaah. Nostalgia...playing Minecraft with my big brother when I was little and getting repeatedly killed by the same baby zombie...good times!

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not to be "that guy" but OP, your profile says you're 16. I hadn't even hit the "better times" by that point and I'm not sure I have yet ten years later. But I think I liked mostly the same music then as I do now hehe. For me that would probably be stuff like songs from Disney movies that I haven't seen since.

#4 Argentwing, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  5. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha I was going to say I can't really answer this with the same weight as an adult because I'm 14 xP
    But yeah, certain bands like The Killers and Weezer bring me back to when I was 7 or 8, spending time with my mom. What can I say? My mom had good music taste.

6. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although you have a point, I do look back on songs a lot. Personally I like listening to Girls aloud, Scissor sisters (sweet memories of trying to sing "Laura" on Sing-Star and listening to I don't feel like dancing which would occasionally come on in countdown lists), Gwen Stefani, Sugarbabes, Pussycat dolls, MIKA, STEPS, atomic kitten, the killers, ect. whenever I want to go on a "nostalgia trip" as it were. I've only just come across Paramore recently, so I can't say I'm nostalgic about them, in fact the only reason I came across them in the first place was because of people claiming that they were nostalgic over them- it got me curious, so I looked them up and I quite like some of their songs.

Mainly because I used to play Sing-star on my PS2 when it still worked and I would listen to the charts quite a lot back then. Plus since I used to do dancing, we would often focus on one song for a while- and hearing certain songs remind me of certain performances (Like Rihanna's "please don't stop the music" and "Thriller"- Michael Jackson, and "Crazy little thing called love"-Queen, oh and of course "Seven nation army"- we spent ages learning that one.

#6 Canterpiece, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  7. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nostalgia for me is Britney's ...Baby One More Time, The Spice Girls, Barbie Girl, and a bunch of 90's Disney songs.

I feel old.