1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicide Squad Trailer

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RawringSnake, Jan 19, 2016.

1. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't take back anything I said about Leto's Joker (he still looks dumb as fuck, although I'm not mad about it anymore), but I do regret marking this movie off as a half-assed cash in. After this phenomenal trailer, Suicide Squad is my new everything. Civil War and Bats V Supes can suck it, this is my most anticipated superantihero flick of the year!

[YOUTUBE]CmRih_VtVAs[/YOUTUBE]​

#1 RawringSnake, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  2. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All my life I knew I am homoCOMICual and I am only attracted to Marvel. But fuck, I think I am biCOMICual. I need help.

Also, am I the only one that thought about Kaiser everytime I see Margot in Harley Quinn

3. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You were not, but I'm sure Justine loved this as well :icon_mrgr I don't read western comics so I don't know how faithful their representation of Harley is, but I think they got the spirit of the character right.

#3 RawringSnake, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  4. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Harley seems pretty true to the comics.

This movie looks fucking boss.

But still excited for Civil War, because I am a Marvel fanboy......

5. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    [​IMG]

Truly a golden age of cinema we're in.

#5 GeeLee, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I'm thinkin' it'll end up bein' somewhere in between batman vs superman (bad) and civil war (good) and maybe I'll like it a little more than deadpool. We'll see. The movie looks promising so far except for Harley quinn, no offense to margot robbie but I've always thought that character was annoying

7. Ryu

Ryu

I bet that she's not actually banned, but is working on this...

Gotta say, that looks good. Don't know which trailer I prefer though...

8. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm excited but I have some criticisms.

Will Smith's acting looks bad, Jared Leto's tattoos look dumb, and I wish Harley had her accent. Other than that, I'm pretty optimistic. I think it'll be about equal in quality to Batman V. Superman.

9. 741852963

1. I think Will Smith plays likeable hero better than he could ever play antihero/villain. Maybe they are focussing on him as a "wronged hero" though?

2. I actually love Jared Leto's joker. Super intimidating, and enough of a difference from what we have seen for him to be fresh. On the tattoos? Well I think they do add to him being edgy, and I don't see why he wouldn't get tattoos (supervillains must have downtime too, and the Joker has long been about creating an image/brand - look at Jack Nicholsons Joker throwing a Parade, or Heath Ledger's using Television).

3. I would have liked the traditional Harley accent and more of the harlequin/diamond references BUT she is still absolutely electric to watch and I feel she is going to be the favourite.

4. Could Jai Courtney be any more sexy....oh sorry, that wasn't one of your points was it?

Overall I cannot wait for this one.

#9 741852963, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  10. wolf of fire

I agree they got the spirit of Harley but not the image (pink and blue hair; it should be red and black) the tattoo's I don't with as I don't think they fit into his whole image; he is all smoke and mirrors and illusions and nothing being what it seems; they don't fit into that.

I think this film will be interesting to say the least.

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Eh, they tried that in Arkham City and it looked kinda bad. I'm actually fine with her new look, more so than jokers, actually the tattoos seem more like something she should have. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now though, obviously leto joker is going for a different angle that we've seen with classic joker, and the tattoos could be part of that somehow.

12. Ryu

Ryu

Well as everybody's talking about jared leto's tats, here's a video I came across a while back, kinda interesting to speculate on:
    [youtube]Lk5nqqWK6_I[/youtube]

And as to harley's new look, to me it looks like they've used more of a new 52 lookin' thang to make it seem more accesible to a modern audience, eg
    [​IMG]
    Maybe...

13. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Didn't look as bad as I thought. Though I agree, will Smith's acting seems a bit bad. I'm not really convinced. Jared Leto's tattoos look god awful, I don't mind the outfits at all or the teeth, I don't mind Harley Quinn as much, I think the spirit matters a bit more, though I do wished that they could've went with the classic look. Being that she's a doctor, I think they wanted to tone down her accent to really sell her character, as a villian. I still think wonder woman's castings horrible.

14. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm stoked for SS! Not as much as Civil War (honest to god I'm sitting in a NY sweater and a Cap snapback rn and basically was hyperventilating about it yesterday when I found out Japan's getting it 2 weeks early), but still stoked. This trailer was pure genius too! I can't fing wait. I love that it's appearing to be really light-hearted darkness. So far I love what I've seen of Harley too.

Yeah, can't wait.

15. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

see the red and black thing works in the comics but not really anywhere else.

16. 741852963

To be fair to them they have still managed to squeeze in quite a lot of references:
    -the pigtails
    -the contrast colours on her pigtails, jacket and hotpants (just in red and blue instead of red and black); being picky they should have reversed one of the layers (instead of having a solid red-side/blue-side) to make it more like the typical Joker Card costume
    -the heart tattoo on her face, club/spades on her thigh and diamond pattern sleeve
    -the white makeup
    -the smudged eye makeup instead of a mask

So yeh, I think they could have tweaked it a bit more BUT I think it is a good fresh take on Harley nontheless. It is obviously her without it being too "obvious" if you get me. :lol:

Obviously her accent isn't the same but it is still very "cutesy" and childlike which is the main thing.

#16 741852963, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016