1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Podcasts

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by thepandaboss, Jan 30, 2016.

1. thepandaboss

My hearing sucks so I don't usually like listening to podcasts. But I started working out, needed something to keep me occupied so I don't get bored and stop my elliptical runs, so I started listening to NPR's "Planet Money." Really liking it and looking for recommendations for more shows. What are you all listening to?

2. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Throwing Shade

3. Silver Sparrow

Hi there! I listen to a bunch of podcasts, but here are my favorites.
    Serial-It's all the rage, and I personally think this season is overrated, but it's one of the greats.
    This American Life- It's a classic.
    Criminal- like Serial, but tells a different story each episode.
    99% Invisible-Design podcast
    Song Exploder, Pitch, and Switched on Pop-All are music podcasts, but have slightly different ways that they look at music.
    Radiolab-Again, one of the greats.
    Reveal-Investigative reporting, takes on a lot of important stories.
    Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!- Game show that focuses on current events.
    The Moth-True stories, told live. Probably one of the most prominent personal storytelling podcasts.
    Ted Talks- C'mon, they're TED talks. Can come in video or audio form.
    Welcome to Night Vale-radio show for a small, very weird town. Queer protagonist who is in a relationship with a man who is canonically a POC.
    Additionally, if you hear any shows on the actual radio that you like, chances are that there is a podcast.

4. femininemale

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Listening to The Goin' Off Podcast with Rap Critic & Mues

#4 femininemale, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  5. hellobitches

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Love serial, binge-listened it. It's a shame that they switched it to bi-weekly schedule. Also second season is less gripping than first season. It's still really good though, so highly recommend it.

If you like narrative style listening experience, then I highly recommend Strangers. Each episode is about different people's lives and experiences, and it's so fascinating to listen to. For example, there's an episode about a guy with macular degeneration and how he views himself as a visually impaired person and his inability to accept that notion, and how that impacts his daily life, such as almost never outing himself as visually impaired person for his own sense of pride and shame.

Death Sex Money is similar to Strangers, and it's a good listen too.

Slate has several ones. I love Culture Fest (current cultural topics, from cinema to cultural trends, etc), Political Gabfest, Double X (feminist topics), and Mom and Dad are Fighting (parenting podcast...and let me preface that I don't have any kids but it's still a super interesting listen)

#5 hellobitches, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  6. guitar

I've been listening to Adam Carolla for the past 5 years or so. Penn Jillette for the past 10.

Adam Carolla's Take a Knee series is a really interesting biographical series talking about how famous figures were able to find success. Quite inspiring, especially when working out.

7. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Drunk Tank from Roosterteeth.