1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KPOP subject: What do you think about SM entertainment's new project NCT?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by soner, Feb 2, 2016.

1. soner

Out Status:
    A few people
    do you think SM has a bigger chance of sinking if they do succeed how will the other small groups from other companies survive? what do you think will happened for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky5NvWsXnn8

2. misplacedaegyo

I've never been the big SM stan, and I don't really care much about what SM does as long as it doesn't have any negative impact on their artists or the rest of the industry, but this.. I'm afraid that it really will have an impact on the kpop industry as a whole. If they go on releasing one song a week on that station channel, they will end up dominating all charts and making winning music shows or stuff like that completely off-limits for smaller companies, which in the end will make them loose hope and give up. Stop making music. Which will make a lot of kpop fans "leave", as that probably was that they came for in the first place. Even if I have nothing against SM and SM artists, I kinda really hope this will be a big flop. It would completely destroy kpop. If they end up doing it and it goes "as planned", I almost hope that the rest of the industry ends up boycotting them.

Regarding NCT, the group, I really don't know what to think. We'll see. Shit son, Lee soo man what are youd oing

#2 misplacedaegyo, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  3. soner

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm afraid for the smaller companies are not gonna keep up with not just the charts but the SONGS just imagine every week SM buying new songs or composing them obviously some groups compose there own music but it still worries me its a possibility that SM will buy every song they see in front of them and the smaller companies wont even have a chance to buy them I still love smaller bands like Bestie , Spica , Sistar etc so I kinda hope this flops to and I also hope they don't forget about the older kpop SM bands like SNSD, Shinee, super junior ugh I became a fan of kpop last year in 2015 it would suck to only get a glimpse of it and see it all fall down hill

4. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Didn't Big Bang try something like this (song a week) how'd that pan out for everyone?

5. soner

Out Status:
    A few people
    if they did I never heard about it LOL I listen to mostly girl bands so I'm not very sure

6. misplacedaegyo

April to September 2015 they released 1-2 songs from the MADE series a month. They slayed everyone and everything

7. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To be COMPLETELY honest with you I am so done with this fucking company. After years and years of being a KPOP fan (since late 2007) I've seen all kinds of bullshit they've put their artists through. I'm still not over the fact that THREE of the members from EXO-M/EXO left the company. Like wtf? I think it's definitely going to impact the smaller companies which I don't like because a lot of my favorite groups are not from the top 3 companies (SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment, and JYP Entertainment). I really hope that this doesn't severely affect the others and put them out of business :frowning2: