1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any valid reason to get serial killers' faces tattooed on you?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by rudysteiner, Feb 11, 2016.

1. rudysteiner

Hey everyone,

My friend has just sent me this link to a blog post of various tattoos of fictional and historical serial killers, from Dexter to Richard Ramirez.

Going through the post led me to ask myself why these people actually made the decision to get these disgusting people immortalised on their skin, and whether people actually think there is any valid reason to do so. I can't think of one profession or hobby/interest that would justify it. I thought criminologist, but then that'd be weird.

Is there any valid reason someone would/could get a serial killer's face tattooed on them? Is it weird? I'll link the post below:

20 Fictional And Historical Serial Killer Tattoos | Tattoodo.com

2. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If the serial killer is fictional I could understand it slightly more because they may be a fan of the show, but it's still in poor taste.

The only explanations I can think of is that they are trying way too hard to be edgy or they genuinely admire these people...
    *shudders*

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really into true crime, and I have been since I was about 15. To me, to each his own...though Columbiners (specifically those who are in love with Dylan and Eric) give me the creeps. Serial criminals fascinate me, but I'd never get their likeness inked on me. That's a bit too extreme for me personally.

4. rudysteiner

I agree with you on both of these statements. I'd go as far to say that I have a 'favourite' serial killer, but I'd never get his face tattooed anywhere on my body. To be honest, though, there are loads of people in the UK with tattoos of Jack the Ripper, and I personally don't find it weird at all. It's because he's a part of history, and even after 200+ years, no one knows who he is so there's still that element of mystery. I suppose in a few decades it might become more socially acceptable, but because people know every detail of the murders Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, etc. committed, it's still hard to wrap your head around.

What really worried me, though, was the person on the end with the huge back piece with 10 of them on his back. The portrait of John Wayne Gacy really got me, because he's most known for targeting young boys to sexually assault and then murder. Or vice versa.

---------- Post added 12th Feb 2016 at 02:05 PM ----------

Yeah, I know a few people with tattoos of Dexter, etc. but serial killers are more romanticised in TV shows I think so I can understand why they'd choose those over a real serial killer.

5. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I guess the people are obsessed with the macabre, blood and gore. But getting a tattoo of a serial killer is waay too much.
    To me, it seems like they're trying too hard to be different.
    But hey, I was once thinking of getting a C++ code tattooed in its entireity on my back.
    :roflmao:.
    It's their personal choice.

6. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't get it. Maybe because I don't have admiration for that type of person!

7. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess they think serial killers are cool, or they want to try shocking people, or it's some socially unacceptable way to display an interest in serial killers. I like reading about serial killers (morbid curiosity and all), but I wouldn't get this done even if I liked tattoos. Of course it's their choice. I just don't understand it

8. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They have a museum dedicated to serial killer/mass murderers "items" on display somewhere in this world.(yes they exist. And yes, I do mean items they actually used in the crime committed) not that surprising to see people would go far as a tattoo. At least you can spot out the insane ones and just walk far away from em. Fictional characters are a different story, they're more associated with the overall fawning of the horror genre.

9. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Those people seem sick to idolize real-life horror.