1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone into Deep Purple?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by hollychristina, Feb 12, 2016.

1. hollychristina

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have been getting into their music quite a bit since they were announced as one of the inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year. If so what are some of your favorite songs by them?

2. HammerHorror

I consider them along with Sabbath and Zeppelin to be the forefathers of Hard Rock/Metal.
    Great band. Everyone was killer at their respective instrument, especially Blackmore.

Some of my favorites include:

Hush
    Fireball
    Bloodsucker
    Speed King
    Child In Time
    Highway Star
    Burn
    Maybe I'm A Leo

I know those are their most well known songs (minus Smoke On The Water). I haven't delved deep enough into their catalog yet.

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell. Yea. Yea, I also considered them to be more of the forefathers of hard rock and heavy metal. Child in Time is unrivaled compare to others. Perfect Strangers is another well known one too, as well as When A Blind Man Cries.

4. Ouroboros

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It took them this long to be inducted??? One the founding bands of hard rock and heavy metal and they're just now getting in?!

...Man, I don't know why I'm even surprised. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's election process has always been really slow for some really deserving bands.

5. HammerHorror

It's a disgrace. There are so many bands that should have gotten again a long time ago that are still waiting. Percy Sledge is in! He only had one hit! I have no issue with him being in there but my god not before Sabbath and Purple!

6. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not as hard core as most of their fans, but I'm partial to a little Deep Purple :slight_smile:

7. hollychristina

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was listening to some of their songs last night and Hush is such a great song and I am pretty sure that that many people picked up a guitar after hearing the riff from Smoke on the Water. It is crazy to think that they are just now getting into the Hall Of Fame. I am also a huge fan of Yes and to my knowledge they are not in there yet either :frowning2:

8. Ouroboros

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In all honesty I don't understand a lot of the induction choices. This year for instance how are they justifying putting in NWA? Don't get me wrong I actually like them but it's quite a stretch to put them in the ROCK AND ROLL Hall of Fame. What possible contributions have they made to rock music? They deserve credit as artists and for being innovators in their genre but I have a hard time seeing them as fitting candidates for the ROCK hall of fame. What are we going to put Bob Dylan in a Hip Hop hall of fame because he wrote about socio-economic injustice? You'd think that they were running out of bands to put in or something. Meanwhile still waiting for them to put in Dick Dale, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Slayer, Nine Inch Nails etc. etc.

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, their early stuff is amazing. Deep Purple in Rock is such an awesome album. They remind me a lot of Zeppelin in that era; very overlooked band.

10. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To me Led Zeppelin can't be compared to any other band, they were just unique.

I liked Burn. In Rock got many good songs too.

I was more into David Coverdale than Ian. It was the first male singer I envied. David, give me my voice back...