1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The real world Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by zoeee, Feb 9, 2009.

1. zoeee

what do you guys think of the real world? Do you watch it? I sometimes do, and I love, love love Sarah...she's so hot xD

2. sdc91

I watch it when I remember that it's on. I thought JD would be really cool, but he's turning out to be a drama king. :/

3. NucciJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Scott <3
    Ryan <3
    Baya <3

JD is ok. I liked him sooo much in the beginning because he was breaking stereotypes, but now....

Chet is just annoying, as well as Devyn

And Katelyn eh

I like Sarah though:thumbsup:

4. Courtneyyy

Sarah and Baya are quite cute.

At the beginning I hated Ryan and Chet, but they're alright.

I like Kaitlin/Katelyn.

5. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I was surprised at the way Chet presented himself. Like having a mormon in the house with a bisexual, transexual and homosexual, I'd thought he would be more...idk...negative torwards them but he isn't. If anything he ask more curious than negative. The dude is pretty much the opposite I'd expect a mormon to be sense I've never met one or seen the way one act before. He is a positive representation of an average mormon in my opinion. (plus i think he's closet gay, come on, who desses like that and isn't gay??? :cP)

6. Courtneyyy

I live in a town that (apparently) has more mormons than Utah. Chet is not the average mormon. He's cooler than most of the mormons that I went to high school with. (half my high school choir was mormon).

7. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek:

I was about to start a Hug-Uh-Mor-Men campain. I'll just find chet and hug him insted. lol

8. fbn777

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    JD used to be my favorite but now he's kinda annoying. He just needs to chill.
    Scott is my favorite. He is so hot and he's also super sweet. He seems like a really genuine person.
    I like Katelynes story a lot and she has opened my eyes quite a bit to the trans community.
    Chet seems like a real nice guy and Ryan pisses me off a little.

9. Courtneyyy

I'll go and hug Chet. He's growing on me.

10. rocking23

Scott is hot
    Ryan is cute

11. Buffy44

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love Devin!!

12. limfjord96

i love ryan, something about the inner turmoil makes him vulnerable. (thats a mile stone, officially the gayest thing ive ever said :slight_smile:)

13. sdc91

I forgot to mention that Scott is cute in my previous post. How did that happen. :/

Maybe because he gets 3 seconds of coverage per episode?

14. Tim

Tim

I actually HATE Chet, tbh... he's RUINING My views on mormons... but that's just me... my best friend in 5-7th grade was a mormon, so I had a good view on them already -.-

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Minor threadjack time. I could technically start another thread, but since this one is up and running, and is (in many ways) related, I'll just post in here.

I've started working on a new story. A lot of my writing involves taking fictional characters and putting in them in more "real-to-life" situations. (To take a fake example, I'd be much more likely to write about Harry Potter dealing with an acne breakout than about him using any sorcery...) But recently, I started thinking. Instead of putting a character into the real world, why not put one into the Real World?

So I've chosen my character.

[​IMG]

Michelangelo, the ninja turtle. I kicked him up in age a bit, so he's 19, a bit more subdued but still fun-loving. By some accounts, he's bisexual, and this being the Real World, I figure that'll fit in great.

Now that he's set, I need the rest of the cast. And frankly, I haven't watched the Real World at all since the mid 90s, other than occasional clips on the Soup. I want the other six housemates to be standard Real World types. Not parodies, really, but easily recognizable types. Right now, I'm thinking:

* the prudish girl from small-town America
    * the slutty* girl
    * the heavy-drinking, yelling girl
    * the (possibly homophobic, certainly mutantphobic) partying jock
    * the geek/artist
    * that one guy who isn't white

These are simply placeholders for now. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Either flesh out the characters above a bit, or suggest other ones. Do remember what I'm going for, though. I want fairly straightforward, easy-to-recognize Real World "types". You may have always wanted a midget or pyromaniac to be on the show, but since those aren't standard RW types, they won't work well with this story, which will be focusing almost completely on Michelangelo and his interaction with the other housemates. I also wasn't planning on any other gays or lesbians, but I'm willing to change my mind there.

Lemme know what you come up with. Who knows - I might name one of them after you (or someone you don't like). :slight_smile:

Lex

* - I don't mean to use "slutty" in a perjorative sense. But there's not really a good term for "girl who likes to have sex" that isn't perjorative. :slight_smile:

#15 Lexington, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  16. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I got a couple of names to go with your types.

* the prudish girl from small-town America: The horse...I mean Sara Jessica Parker.
    * the slutty* girl: Your pick from "The Hills"
    * the heavy-drinking, yelling girl: Pink
    * the (possibly homophobic, certainly mutantphobic) partying jock: Michael Vick
    * the geek/artist: Stephen Hawking
    * that one guy who isn't white: Al Sharpton

Also you might consider"
    "The Penelope"
    "The enraged male"
    "Attention deprived 'debbie downer' chick"

17. Emberstone

Chet annoys me sometime, but overtly religous people often do. When he was telling sarah that she needs to forgive her father, when he had no idea what her father had done to her, he annoyed me. Forgiveness is not something you fling around like dollar bills at a strip joint. of course, she came clean about it to him, and he realized that some things like that arent forgivable.

JD, he really annoys me. in the beginning, he seemed like a down to earth person, but then after the chapstick moment, I started to really be put off by him. when he and chet went off on each other, I kinda sided with chet on that one, even though a part of me doubts chet when he said that he didnt know jd was tanked.

Ryan, cant stand him alot of the time. he just comes off as unessecarily confrontational. When katelyn came into the house, it seemed like he was dieing to gossip about the fact that she was transgendered, but also was a bit insensitive in that rather then just ignore it, and wait for katelyn to be comfortable with talking about it, he just would stare or when she left, make a snide comment about it.

of course, when he went to talk to her about it, he wasnt as bad as I feared he would be, and think he walked away understanding it better. it was to me that if you fret over it, you make it worse. like the person who is uncomfortable by something, but overcompensates in a attempt to not let people know how uncomfortable something makes them.

Scott, cant stand him at all. I really wasnt even that aware of his existance in the first episode because he really didnt do anything. when he started to be active, he just came off to me as nothing more then a pretty face, and not much else going on.

Byah, I like her. she seems nice. I really like sarah, and i suspected from the beginning she had a past that wasnt all that pleasent. devon... well, sometimes she is funny, othertimes she just annoys me in her stalkerish, diva tendacys.

katelyn is my favorate, because she is who she is, and she is not ashamed of anything. she is comfortable in her body now, and thats inspiring. I was born a guy, I identify as a guy, and I dont feel like a woman in a mans body, but she still is inspiration, because she is not going to hide who she is on the inside. I still feel the compulsive need to hide my sexuality from alot of people because I still have insecurity about how they would react.

18. Bryan

My favorites are Katleynn and Sarah. I also like JD when he is sober ( I love his obsession with American Apparel. Ryan is cute, but he needs therapy. Scott is hot, but seems like a douche. Chet needs to come out of the closet Already!!

19. Bryan44

I agree, Chet is sooo gay.

20. Emberstone

thank you katelyn for the best reality tv quote eva!

"the guys are always trying to bait the girls into arguements. in a way, you can say they are Master Baiters."

so glad I caught the last half of yesterdays episode to hear that gym. I almost cried tears of mirth.