1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living in another country and losing my english?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by soner, Feb 14, 2016.

1. soner

Out Status:
    A few people
    hey guys so ive been living in brasil for almost 4 years and my English is starting to get rusty like I sometimes forget how to spell words and I usually need to look it up I can never get a word spelled right if I don't know it and my sentences sometimes when I write them in English don't make sense oh btw I was born in America any tips to help keep my English in tact since no one really speaks English here its hard for me to talk with anyone and my mother barely knows English so I cant talk to her lol I watch English movies regularly so I'm not sure why I'm forgetting? :confused: any tips? thanks :grin:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Read and write English on the internet? Seems like a no-brainer to help your spelling at least, and if you have any other contacts at home, call them. It's not exactly practice for giving a speech but it will keep you used to using the language as opposed to switching totally to Portuguese.

#2 Argentwing, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  3. Miko

Pretty much what he said practice daily maybe write a diary