1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate the YT comment section

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Aisuru Musica, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Aisuru Musica

So, ok. I was watching an Undertale related video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7msOxKsZCm0) and after the video finished I decided to look in the comments. Big mistake. There was an idiot commenter saying that your sex defines your gender and how people should stop pretending that they are "6 year old girls" and that "you can't hide your true gender". When someone tried to contradict them on this, they completely dismissed the commenter and basically started repeating the same things they had said on the first post. Honestly, if I had a YT account I would've destroyed this guy's argument with proper sources and LOGIC but they probably would have brushed me off saying "whatever floats your boat kiddo". Honestly, comments like that just piss me off. I wish people would do some research before jumping in to post something that is wrong. And this particular comment is annoying because the commenter says that the person contradicting him is ignoring all the "facts" they just stated, but I can't seem to find any of them, just the same statement in the first post only reworded a little. I understand that everyone is ignorant about some things but it confuses me as to why when someone tells them they're wrong, instead of re-checking their facts they say "I'M NOT WRONG, YOU ARE".
    I thought I had a point with this post. Oh well... Is there any way to make a wilfully ignorant person listen to reason without sending them into a capslock rage? I just wish more people were willing to learn and maybe be wrong instead of defending their untrue thoughts. :bang:

2. Helion Solaris

No legal ways... lol:***: It's just one of those things. It's sad but a reality. Do yourself a favour and never get involved in an argument with a person like that. You'll just ruin your outlook on life for some time, trust me.

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best thing you can do is picking your battles. And in my view, random comments on youtube are not all that effective at getting the message across.

So, focus on where you can actually make a difference, and don't be this guy:

[​IMG]

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've sort of learned to ignore the comments section, it never fails to house a nest of volatile idiots who will never realize they're wrong. I don't remember what video it was specifically, but I've seen some people say some pretty disgusting things directed at young children, it's hard to ignore it. If they spread enough hate, I say to report them.

5. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mistake Number 1: Reading YouTube comments.

Mistake Number 2: Thinking anyone on YouTube cares about/will actually listen to well thought out, valid arguments.

Mistake Number 3: READING YOUTUBE COMMENTS.

Seriously, there is very little to be gained from this. Most times, it devolves into a shouting match either about LGBT+ something or another, or Hitler. I've also seen Mental health, the government, and society as topics. It's pointless.

The top comments might be worth something, sometimes. Or if it's an instructional video, might be something good there. But usually, it's better to just not deal with it.

6. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh god the youtube comment section should be permenantly disabled. Sometimes I forget what kind of people post and I'll take a look and end up wanting to pull out my hair and bang my head against a wall (because that tends to be easier than educating them). Really, just don't bother with the comment section, it's the same with some popular facebook posts, all you get now is them moaning about tumblr and someone joking about 'identifying as a printer and being sexually attracted to trees because we can identify as anything we want!11!'. Ugh, you've set me off now too! Yeah just don't bother reading the comments, they only make you feel awful and replying is legitimately just like you throwing words off a cliff and into an abyss.