1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot believe I've only just discovered the whole of Lorde's first album.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sek, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Sek

Sek

I have no idea how this started, but I recently listened to Lorde's first album "Pure Heroine". I cannot believe the genius in Lorde's songwriting and singing. I obviously knew about her through Royals, and that was a song that grew on me as it rinsed through pop radio, but I never really paid enough attention to think about it. Plus seeing her perform Royals live and how she moves while performing actually put me off her at first, but it's kinda grown on me now.

Since I've been listening to more of her album, I've been really digesting her lyrics and they are really f##king genius. She has so many simple yet amazingly clever metaphors and lines in her songs that have so much depth in so few words.

Then there's her voice. OH MY. YAAASS! She has such a cool, whisper-y, sweet voice. It's so simple yet it is able to convey sentiments way larger than her sound.

I have been obsessing over it and she's really inspired me. Cannot wait for her upcoming album and potential tour that I can go to see. Am I the only one who really appreciates her voice and songwriting?!

#1 Sek, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. plant

Nope, you are not the only one. I was a fan of Lorde before Royals got media attention (cue eye roll) and I think her music is great. Her songs have super simplistic beats but the songwriting is excellent.