1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gym going and fear of the weight room

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by rudysteiner, Feb 21, 2016.

1. rudysteiner

Hey everyone,

I rejoined the gym today after a 6+ month hiatus, and I feel great. I'm just getting back into it so didn't do much - just a mile on the treadmill, leg presses, barbells etc.
    One of the reasons I stopped going to the gym the first time round was my fear of the weight room. I had a good momentum going but wasn't the results I hoped to see because what I needed was strength training, and with this phobia, I couldn't achieve this. I went to bed last night telling myself that I won't be scared of the weight room this time and I'll actually get in there and get the results I want, but as soon as I got in there today and saw it, the fear came back.

I have a body type which is somewhere between ectomorph and mesomorph, and I have a personal training session booked for this Wednesday, so hopefully with a trainer I'll be able to get over the fear, but if not, I'll need some tips on how to go about getting over it.

Has anyone had this fear and conquered it? Can you share how you got over it?

Thanks,

Joe.