1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technology / Phones: Treo

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mitchell, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Mitchell

Does anyone have a palm treo?

I just ordered a refurbished one from ebay to replace my blackberry that broke today.

2. DexterMorgan

iPhone 3G here

Do they still make Treos? Thought it was all about the Centro now.

3. Mitchell

Yeah, they do.

I ordered a refurbished one. Isn't the treo pro, but will work great for me.

Treo pro is what the new one is called (I think).

I have had many devices, although most weren't phones. This will be my second smartphone, but I have had many palm and windows mobile devices. I do prefer windows mobile for its variety of applications and its MS Office piece... but from what I read about the treo, it includes Documents to Go, and I already have a disk with all my favorite palm apps because I used palm before I used windows mobile and I've had PDA's since I was around 10.

How do you like the iphone? Have you used other smartphones?

4. DexterMorgan

Oh....I forgot about the Treo Pro. The Treo 800w for Sprint is new also.

The first smart phone I had was the original iPhone. I loved it so much, because it had a full keyboard, and it was my home computer away from my home computer. I had it for about 3 months, until I heard about the 3G. I bought the 3G(July 11th, waited eight hours in the line with my mom for it!), and I wanted to be technosexual. But unfortunately, I like men, not gadgets. I will never go back to a regular phone again.

The only other smartphone I played with is my mom's Blackjack II, she wanted to buy a phone for her email, and I picked it out for her. Windows Mobile is okay, I just don't like the size of the screen.

By the way, I was kidding about the technosexual part. Who says you can't have both!?

5. Mitchell

All of that sounds very interesting!

Technosexual? I've never even heard of that term before, so I'm a bit lost there.

I've had MANY PDA's. Most palm, only two were windows mobile devices. I do like windows mobile a bit more but I had unfortunate problems with both my WM. My problems were battery-related with the devices both dieing after a while completely, bought a new battery for one because it was like a $500 PDA, worked for a while, then the device died.

6. DexterMorgan

7. Mitchell

Ah, interesting.

Oh, that's cool. My WM devices were HP iPaq's and Compaq Jordana's. Palm were palm and I think I had a handspring visor.