1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaycation

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Loveislife, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The new series Gaycation is a series in which Ellen Page and her best friend Ian Daniel explore what being gay is like in different countries in the world. In the first episode, Ian and Ellen visit Japan. Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnrAISE6x08.

What did you think about episode 1? I loved it! It's pretty interesting, entertaining and not too heavy in my opinion. I'm definitely going to watch more episodes in the future. Oh, and Ellen Page. <3

2. PrsngHppnss8D

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's awesome, I watched because of your thread, so thank you very much for sharing! Watched the first 2 episodes (Japan and Brazil). The Brazilian one is pretty strong, so deep breath. And Ellen Page is s2 :grin:

3. MS001

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just watched the first three episodes. They were all so good but Jamaica was, ugh, so heart breaking. It is a must watch but hard to watch too. It makes me feel like I should be involved in activism because I got extraordinarily lucky to be born into an accepting environment (and it still took me 50 million years to come out).

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds interesting, but also as if could also be a bit sad. I wonder if they'll do episodes in Russia, The Middle East, or Africa?

5. Electric Puns

I really like it. It's eye-opening and makes me realise how lucky I am and how far we still have to go. Some of it was quite hard to watch, but I guess it's important to understand the LGBTQ+ experience across the world. Also, Ellen Page is great.