1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lgbt blog ideas/advice

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ruby421, Mar 7, 2016.

1. ruby421

ok so i run a blog called "tales of a closeted teen" (i dont know if that counts as advertising someone tell me if it does) and i post lgbt+ related things on saturday and wednesday and then random rant/life related posts on random days, but i am running out of ideas for my scheduled posts and i really want to be able to make a difference and show other teens they are not alone but remain humorous most of the time, however i have a good enough sense of humor i can pretty much spin anything in a slightly funny way. (as long as it isnt a really heavy topic, i am not insensitive or anything)
    so yea if you had anything you struggled with or think would be good to represent please tell me, i really want to show everyone they are not alone :slight_smile:

#1 ruby421, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  2. TheSideKick

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like a cool blog ^.^ Ideas you say? I may have some if you haven't done them already:

Clothes/Gender Expression(You know that awkward moment you're checking out clothes and you catch someone staring at you or when you like none of the clothes from both sections)

Crushes/Not having crushes(About everyone has done this before and usually can get really weird or those poor aromantic people who have to deal with the pestering of the lack of them)

Oblivious Friends/Family(When the amount of hints you drop is so obvious but everyone still assumes you're still straight and/or cis)

That's all I can think for now, hope that helped and you get some more ideas soon!

3. ruby421

thank you those sound really good, i might do the steps of coming out that no one really talks about such as coming out to their self, but i will totally try to do some of those :grin:

#3 ruby421, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Locker rooms - you could probably draw a lot of ideas from it, from bullying, temptation, comedy, issues. It's definitely a struggle before.

Prom - a lot of issues around this topic, especially when adults sometimes don't permit LGBT couples, in several states

Clubs, coming out, lack of resources, not being able to help out another LGBT individual, teachers and principals,

5. Arrinstone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's so cool