1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your favourite city that you've visited?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by rudysteiner, Mar 9, 2016.

1. rudysteiner

Hey everyone,

I was talking to my friend today about Paris, because she's revisiting again later this year, and we got to talking about which city is our favourite that we've visited. We established that Paris is her favourite, and mine, too.

I've never been out of Europe but have been to various places in Spain, to France, the Czech Republic, lots of places in the UK (obviously), and will be visiting, at least, one other European country this year.

My dream city visit is either Kyoto, Japan, or San Francisco, CA. Due to political attitudes in Russia, I refuse to go to Moscow, but if attitudes ever suddenly change, it will be #1 on the list.

At the minute, my first out-of-Europe trip will be Canada or the US (pending election results; I've resolved to not visit the US if Trump is elected).

What's your favourite city that you've visited? What is your dream city visit?

2. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'm from Canada My fav are Toronto Montreal Halifax and St. John's There all really nice City's beautiful And they are LGBT Friendly which makes it much more better!

3. Carpe noctem 16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's between Dubaii and Sidney.

Where i would love to visit is Europe, never been.

4. Violet4

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. rudysteiner

Hey. My first trip to Canada will probably be a ski trip in BC, but I really want to see Toronto and Montréal, so I'm hoping to go to Canada a few times to see these individually.

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2016 at 07:04 PM ----------

I love Barcelona. I'll have to go back soon!

6. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd have to say that Encinitas, California, my hometown, is maybe the best city I've ever been to! Am I lucky?

7. plant

I feel as if I haven't visited enough big cities to really answer this question. Asheville, NC is my favorite currently, but that will probably change once I finally make it to Seattle, San Francisco, London, etc.

8. rudysteiner

From what I remember, London is great. It's very LGBT friendly too.

9. alextiago

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I laugh about your "not going places because of politics"..that is so me xDD U should visit Portugal!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. AaronV

My favorite so far has to be Barcelona. I love urban environments but I also love the sea, the city is a perfect combination of the two.
    I've recently been to Prague and absolutely loved it there, conveniently cheap, too. :wink:
    Other favorites include New York (definitely need to go there again), the Algarve in Portugal and Stockholm.

It's kinda a dream of mine to visit every capital city in Europe and so far I'm doing quite nicely. :slight_smile:

11. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Edinburgh.

12. rudysteiner

Mine too. I've been to London, Madrid, Paris, Prague and will be living in Amsterdam pretty soon so I'll count that as five. If Catalonia ever becomes independent from Spain then that makes six.

My destinations for this year are The Netherlands (Amsterdam), Germany (Berlin) and Portugal (Lisbon). I know very basic Portuguese and German too so should be fine :slight_smile:

Hoping to go here for uni so I'll be visiting in the near future.

#12 rudysteiner, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  13. eMei

I liked Belfast; Northern Ireland is a lovely place and the Northern Irish people were so friendly and chatty. It has some beautiful sights <3

14. Violet4

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Portugal!!! :grin:

15. Pete1970

Montreal

Nice mix of old and new. The old city is beautiful. Mount Royal is my favorite place, such beautiful views at night. And of course hockey.

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So many and it's impossible to pick one. The capitals of the major western European countries are great. So are the big cities on both coasts of the U.S., all in different ways - New York, Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle. Montreal and Toronto are also great cities. That's about a dozen cities!

17. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I havnt been to many cities compared to a lot of people but I quite like York. I liked its history and how nice it was. Lincoln is nice too and very similar to York.

18. Harve

I've still not found somewhere that beats Grenoble, actually, but there are places that are more renown so I'm not so sure.

Brussels takes last place just behind Ostende - that's a lot easier.

#18 Harve, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  19. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have not been much outside of the Western Hemisphere, but some of my favorite cities include: San Francisco (truly a unique city), Las Vegas (it's more than just gambling), Portland (a bit too rainy to live in, but it's beautiful), Mexico City (once you get past the pollution, it's a very interesting place for historical tourism), New York, Honolulu, and Vancouver.

20. tscott

Hands down, my favorite would be London, but it might not qualify as a visit. I went to university there for a year and lived there for another.

If that is the case, then my favorite place to visit would have to be Hamilton, Bermuda. It's charming with soft, pink coral sand that doesn't burn your feet, turquoise water, great restaurants, historically interesting, little tree frogs that softly peep all night, beautiful buildings, wonderful shops, never too hot, welcoming natives, and never a crush of tourists. Did I mention the soft, pink coral sand and turquoise water?

#20 tscott, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016