1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Player Recommendations

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sartoris, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Planning to replace my portable player soon 'cause while it works, there now seem to be slight playback glitches no matter what disc I put in [an issue I don't have with anything else.]

Current brand is an Insignia model and wanted to know what other brands, if not specific models, are worth looking into? Friend of mine suggested checking out Philips, also imagine Sony has good ones.

And before it's said, I realise this is an odd request, but I like using CDs. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Ryu

Ryu

It all depends on what you're looking for. Do you want separates or an all-in-one? What's your price point? If you're going for seperates what's you pre-existing stereo? And so on.

If you're looking for just a stereo cd player I woul personally go for something like a reasonable teac or tascam one, around the £300 mark ($425 ish), if I could afford it, but it's always worth checking places like ebay for older cd players, where you'll proably find mainly 90's and 00's stuff as during the 80's they were expensive and after the 00's they've basically been made redundant by mp3's. I have a Technics SL-PG340A from what I presume would be the 90's (I got it from my dad last year as he managed to get the model up from it for super cheap), and it would have been at the higher low end, or lower mid range in terms of quality, and, though it would be nice to have something newer, but it does the job for me just fine. You can pick these things up at about £30-£50 on ebay.
    Of course, if you're looking at seperates and don't have a stereo you're buggered. A cd player on it's own won't do anything, gotta be hooked up to an amp and speakers, but I'm sure you know that.

As for all in one things, I know pretty much nothing about them.

3. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm not looking for a stereo system, but a good-quality portable player to use with headphones.

4. Ryu

Ryu

Yeah, I got nothin'