1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dollhouse

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LostAddict, Feb 16, 2009.

1. LostAddict

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Finally, a new show by Joss Whedon! If you haven't heard about it it's about (taken from wikipedia):

Eliza Dushku plays a young woman called Echo, a member of a group of people known as "Actives" or "Dolls." The Dolls have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas, including memory, muscle memory, skills, and language, for different assignments. The new persona is not an original creation, however, but an amalgam of different, existing personalities. The end result incorporates some of the flaws, not just the strengths, of the people used as templates. The Actives are then hired out for particular jobs -- crimes, fantasies, and the occasional good deed. On missions, Actives are monitored internally (and remotely) by Handlers. In between tasks, they are mind-wiped into a child-like state and live in a futuristic dormitory/laboratory, a hidden facility nicknamed "The Dollhouse." The story follows Echo, who begins, in her mind-wiped state, to become self-aware.

Beyond Dushku's character, the show also revolves around the people who run the mysterious "Dollhouse" and another "Doll," Sierra, who is friendly with Echo (the names are simply letters in the phonetic alphabet). Although the Actives are ostensibly volunteers, the operation is highly illegal and under constant threat on one end from Paul Ballard, a determined federal agent who has heard a rumor about the Dolls, and an insane rogue Active on the other.

I thought it was a cool idea, and the first episode was really interesting. I'm just hoping more people start watching it so it doens't get cancelled after one season like so many good television shows. =/
    Any thoughts?

2. listen up world

I liked it. And could easily become obsessed with it. (Probably will). I have decided it will be underrated. Whether or not it will fail...we'll see.

3. ricoca

I have it taped! I wanna watch it!

4. Greggers

I. Love. Joss.

Buff AND Doctor Horribles Sing Along Blog? Two of the best shows ever!

5. Davey

I don't know much about the guy but I know that his show looks like it defiantly has potential. hopefully FOX doesn't pull it early like it does all there other shows!!!

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I seen a commercial for it the first time today and it looked good. I miss my supernatural boys though.

7. RainbowJay

THIS. :grin:
    and Firefly was an awesome show too, wish they didn't cancel it...

as the episodes progressed, I think it just got better and better, I'll definitely keep watching
    I love Joss and Eliza Dushku, they never failed me yet XD

at least Joss actually did the next episode (yesterdays, that I missed 'cus of Battlestar) without intervention from Fox and the people that want "more guns and screaming" :dry:

8. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I thought this thread deserved an epic bump.
    Therefore:

[​IMG]

Yes. I almost died of squee when I found out. Damn, Alan Tudyk is FINE in that tight maroon shirt. This show is so full of eye candy that I can forgive the first half of the season being a bit bland.

9. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I'll watch anything by Joss Whedon this man gave us one of the greatest shows ever Buffy so he can be trusted and Eliza is amazing <3

10. RainbowJay

bland? I admit, the pilot was a bit "eh...", but episode after episode became better and better!

guhhh, I love Sierra, and her background makes her even more exotic (I <3 exotic women) teehee (!)

11. mattypants

this isnt canceled right?
    and i find alpha... meh.
    love eliza

12. RainbowJay

the last time I checked, it wasn't cancelled :thumbsup:
    Alan Tudyk is awesome though, but I like him better when he's less evil and more hi-larious XD

13. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I almost flipped a bitch when they had that story arc about Sierra's handler. Seriously, what a fuck. But yes, she is my favourite female active. And don't you diss, Alan Tudyk.

[YOUTUBE]tZOJvb2G0LA[/YOUTUBE]

He will cut a bitch. Hopefully not Sierra. He already tore up Whiskey and Victor. I don't think I could stand to lose another doll to the knife.

Attached Files:

#13 Numfarh, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
  14. Davey

There will be a second season as to today. I can't wait!!!!

15. listen up world

Has anyone seen Epitaph One? I saw it last night and it made me die a little on the inside. In a good way.

16. wherewulfe

i love alpha =)

17. mattypants

hehe, i got to see that eppy with my guy together... it was brilliant!! <3

18. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

OMG i love this show! i watched the entire first season a second time just to stare at the actresses and actors. the entire cast if sooo hott

19. ccdd

ccdd Guest

OMG I LOVE Dollhouse! And not just because Eliza Dushku is HOT HOT HOT. The first 5 or so episodes were a bit blah in my opinion, but it got WAY better. I haven't seen the extra episode yet so if you post about it please make sure you say it contains spoilers!!

20. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

extra ep?