1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daredevil season 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RawringSnake, Mar 18, 2016.

1. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Daredevil S2 Freakout Thread!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 RawringSnake, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  2. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Re: Daredevil S2 Freakout Thread!

Do i sense enthusiasm for season 2 ? lol can't wait to see it myself

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

[​IMG]

time to binge hardcore....

4. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

I'm such a fan girl right now because of Elodie Yung, it's rare to see a french actress in that kind of show.

5. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

I've never seen her before! I won't lie, I'm a little nervous about how they are gonna handle Elektra, but if you say she is good I'll trust your judgement. Fingers crossed! I'm about to take the binge-dive!

6. Buusy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Is the Daredevil series really that good? Because of all the Marvel movies I'm a bit afraid of watching it (same goes for Jessica Jones).

7. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

Daredevil is a good show but Jessica Jones is AWESOME

8. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Before I get into the topic, you don't like Marvel movies? Damn, talk about an unpopular opinion.

Regarding your concerns tho, I can at least reassure you that the series are nothing like the movies. They exist within the same universe, meaning all of Marvel's movie and TV properties are connected, but the TV shows are mostly divorced from whatever it's going on in the movie-verse. Every once in a while they will throw out a reference to the movies, but that's mostly it.

I can't vouch for Agents of SHIELD, but the Netflix shows in particular have taken advantage of the content-on-demand model to tell more mature (and actually pretty dark) stories—as opposed to the more lighthearted, gung ho tone of the movies. If they were on a network, there is no way Daredevil and Jessica Jones would get away with half of the stuff they pull off, but since they are not beholden to the expectation that they have to appeal to an audience of all ages they get to take more risks and deliver more adult stories as a result. None of this I mean as a jab to the Marvel movies, since I love them, they are just catering to a much broader audience—with all the restrictions that entails. Not to mention, Daredevil and Jessica Jones are very low-key superheroes. Their abilities and powers don't lend themselves to kind of bombastic spectacle the movies have us used to (although the fighting choreography in Daredevil is still best in class).

So, If what you are looking is something different from what you've seen in the movies, this is it.

I see you have Puck, from Berserk, as your avatar so I asume you enjoy the manga. For whatever it's worth, as a fellow Berserk fan, I stand by DD and JJ. I hate every other superhero show I've tried (Smallville, Arrow, Agents of SHIELD, Gotham, Constantine...) so I had zero hope for these being any good when I went into DD S1 last year, but boy did it prove my preconceptions wrong. And then JJ followed suit. So far they are the only two superhero shows you'll see me recommend. I hope that counts for something.

---------- Post added 19th Mar 2016 at 03:44 AM ----------

For me it's the other way around, but Jessica Jones is still preeetty good. If you are looking for a gritty action drama, I think Daredevil wins out, but if you are looking for a more character-driven thriller (yeah, I think JJ is a thriller) with higher emotional stakes, Jessica gets the edge.

#8 RawringSnake, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  9. alonsy alonso

I do not if there are any other fans of the show but i would recommend it if you have not seen it.

Ok so season 2 came out and i loved all the relationships and the twist and turns with thise relationships but matt has lost his skill and this frustrastes me because he has been trained by the best yet he is at his worst. I get he may be distracted but he was before and was still at his best. Why is now different?:***:

10. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not to toot my own horn (HA!), buuuut, for the sake of not overflowing this section with threads about the same thing, maybe head over here for Daredevil S2 discussion.

#10 RawringSnake, Mar 19, 2016
  11. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Also, I'm on episode 8, and I don't know if you know something I don't, but so far Matty has been kicking some serious arse! I mean, did you see the stairway sequence at the end of EP03? That is not at all what I would call losing one's skill. Hell, I would argue kicking ass is the only thing Matty is doing right at the moment lol.

#11 RawringSnake, Mar 19, 2016
  12. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Speaking of episode 8. The end of that one. 0.0

13. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Duuuuuuude! I'm ahead of all my fellow binge-watching friends, but after Ep. 8 ended I couldn't help myself and immediately texted all of them blurting something like "the ending of EP08 HOLYSHITWTFMINDBLOWNWHUUUT." They hate me for it, because now they are expecting a surprise, but I don't care, because there is no way they are gonna see that coming—even if they know in advance that something big (HA!) is in store.

And then EP09 took that surprise and ran all the way to Home with it! That was... All my hype was warranted. This is the tits.

#13 RawringSnake, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  14. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Holy f'ing shit you weren't kidding about #9 either!! 0.0

15. alonsy alonso

I am not sayjng he does not have skill because he does and a hell of a lot i am just saying that to me it seems as though he is losing his battles a lot more and is recovering most days now.

16. 741852963

[YOUTUBE]2p1dS9hoptU[/YOUTUBE]

But I shall have to wait till tonight!

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2016 at 08:37 AM ----------

I think I have to stay on the fence. Both very different and yet so similar with their charming yet terrifying baddies.

Dare I say it (sigh, well this is a gay forum!) I'm gutted Daredevil is losing the DIY compression shirt costume in which he looked fiiiine :eusa_danc. The red number just doesn't do it for me. :icon_wink

I still don't see how they both fit together (as with the Avengers link). Daredevil feels very human and "real" (more of a vigilante v gang show), and then you have JJ with all the far-out superpowers, and the Avengers with freakin' Gods from another planet and a mutant. It is a bit of a mess I think, no consistency in theme. But that is the way the comics come together I guess (I'm not a diehard comic book fan as you can tell!)

17. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Holy shit it's just one peak after another! I'm just pissed off that I'm going to have to go to work before I watch the finale!

Not as much continuity as Season 1 but still really damn well done.

---

p.s. could a mod merge the two threads on this?

18. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have so much to say, not enough energy to say it. Sleep. Need. So good tho. SO good.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2016 at 02:05 PM ----------

Please. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they were avoiding the threads to avoid spoilers :grin:

#18 RawringSnake, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  19. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As you wish. :grin: I must admit that I was avoiding the threads because spoilers but I've just finished after an 9-episode binge. What a great show. Why must the season be over I need more!

20. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Season 2 sucked. Didn't like it at all. Too much going on, too many storylines, too confusing. And WTF is there NO gay characters? Apparently in the Marvel universe only lesbians exists. It's ok to talk about gay men, as long as we don't have any gay characters! And btw, yes, I know all about the barely there gay character on Agents of SHIELD, he is gay, but he never get to kiss guys or be intimate with guys. Once again there's a neutered gay on tv. That's all we see these days, neutered gay guys. Basically like only 1 out of 10 gay characters on tv get to have a love life.