1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No- Meghan Trainor Reactions

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by alextiago, Mar 22, 2016.

1. alextiago

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  2. HerrinDesFeuers

I can't watch it. :frowning2:

3. alextiago

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  4. HerrinDesFeuers

Because it is blocked in Germany

5. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Am I the only one who is reminded of "take a hint" from Victorious whenever they hear this song? Just me? I don't really know why, I guess the part were it goes "my name is no, my sign is no, my number is no" reminds me of "You asked me what my sign is and I told you it was stop."

Eh...my mind links weird things together but still, whenever I hear this song I think of that...

This song seems quite different to her usual songs. It shows potential but personally I think this song seems to lack something. Still, I think it's an alright song.

#5 Canterpiece, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  6. Ryu

Ryu

^
    Let me just listen to this again first annnd...

Conflicting imagery there. The video shows Megan and a group of other girls in revealing-ish clothing, as if to draw in a male audience, then telling the male audience to then shove it with the actual lyrics.

As for the music, it's pop. You probably know my opinion.

#6 Ryu, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  7. 741852963

I was thinking along similar lines.

Now pros:
    -I think she has a great voice
    -The video is well produced and the song is tuneful (sounds vaguely Destinys Child or something like that?)
    -Kudos for her getting involved with the dancing

Cons:
    -What a horrible, horrible message to be sending out to young girls (and the straight boys who get this schtick). She talks about how a guy is being encouraged by his friends to talk to her (so presumably someone shy). She then states "let me stop you there, before you speak" - i.e. not even giving him a chance, and essentially dehumanising him as a person, or instantly dismissing him as unworthy of her presence in a blatantly rude manner "My name is: No". No inbetween steps, just a "no"?

Not pleasant at all, but even as a gay guy, it is something I have witnessed straight men getting. That instant dismissal (see below example!). Now I appreciate the song goes on about being in a club, and no clubs are not just dating venues BUT we shouldn't be being so rude at the first instance. Manners are important and it doesn't take much to let someone down nicely! "Thank you, I'm really flattered but not tonight"

[YOUTUBE]DmP1ier3R30[/YOUTUBE]