1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oscars!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 2qt2bblond, Feb 18, 2009.

1. 2qt2bblond

[wow, i've been posting a lot here]

So, the oscars are coming up on sunday!! I'm rooting for Slumdog millionaire and kate winslet. It be awesome if Sean Penn won also... and amy adams (of course). Anyone else wanna share their favorites???

2. Malchik89

Best Pic im hoping for Slumdog Millionaire

Actor: Sean Penn or Mickey Rourke ( i dont even know what brad pitt was nominated his performance in benjamin button wasn't anything out of the ordinary)

Actress: I want Kate Winslet to win she do deserves it, but im surprised kate blanchett wasn't nominated for Benjamin Button, SHE WAS SO GOOD.

And duh, Heath better win supporting actor

3. TheRoof

best actress def should go to anne hathaway. seriously, kate winslet is winning every single awards!!! i mean she's a good actress and i like her too, but anne deserves something too!

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I want Milk to win, but I expect SM to win, and if Heath doesn't get Supporting Actor I'll eat a PS3.

5. RainbowJay

I agree, Heath MUST WIN, definitely (!)
    if he doesn't I'll move to Canada (dunno what good that would do) XD

Best Motion Picture of the Year: Milk
    Best Actor: Sean Penn
    Best Actress: Meryl Streep
    Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger
    Best Supporting Actress: Amy Adams

the rest I'm too lazy to post, but those are the people (and movie) I want to win
    Doubt and Milk were both awesome movies, and I still think The Dark Knight deserves the best picture nomination waaaay more than the Reader, it wasn't that great

I've seen all oscar nom noms for best picture 'cept Frost/Nixon, but I bet it wont dominated Milk :icon_wink

6. New Camo Daz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    heath ledger :grin: his performance as the joker was truly epic it blew me away ^_^ still make me sad that he died :frowning2:

7. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly, I can't see why SM got so much praise. Was it that revolutionary compared to the fifty million other romance flicks out this year? Or last? Or the year before that? It seemed way too stereotypical of Indian poverty, and I can't suspend disbelief for twenty years while these kids run all over the country trying to hook up. It wasn't moving, it wasn't inspiration, it was just a movie.

8. Stuie

I really enjoyed it compared to you. Incredibly brutal though. It's definitely the first movie I've heard of which starts with the main character's mother being murdered and ending in a Bollywood dance sequence. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I hope Frost/Nixon or Milk win. I love Anne Hathaway in Rachel's Getting Married too. I only realised watching that that she can actually act!

9. Pvand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best Picture: Either Slumdog or Milk. I loved both.
    Best Actor: Sean Penn of course. Mickey Rourke scares me.
    Best Actress: Anne Hathaway was winning all the big awards from the critics, but ever since Kate Winslet swept the Gold Globes, I'm starting to think it's finally Kate's year. I mean, this is her 6th nomination!
    Best Supporting Actor: Personally, I didn't think Heath was THAT great. He was snubbed for Brokeback Mountain, a role far superior to the Joker. I know it's pointless, but I'm rooting for Josh Brolin. I thought his performance had more depth.
    Best Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz was just out of this world. Loved her in Vicky Christina Barcelona. Amazing performance.

10. New Camo Daz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    does anyone know if collin farrell is up 4 an oscar because he did quite well in in-bruges.

11. duckdrake23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm rooting for Milk! It was by far on of the best films this entire year...that said

Best Actor: Sean Penn, he was amazing and was the heart of that picture. Mickey's is just a flash in the pan

Best Actress: Kate Winslet she had two amazing movies this year and she is the streep of our generation. Her performace in The Reader was beautiful and haunting.

Best Supporting Actor: Heath...if only he were alive to accept it.

Best Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz, she has gracefully proven herself to be an international actress from her native spain to the states.

Best Picture: Milk although it looks like Slumdog will take that one also.