1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

heath ledger

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by New Camo Daz, Feb 18, 2009.

1. New Camo Daz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hey everyone :slight_smile:
    um i watched the dark knight 4 the trillionth time today but it made me think
    Heaths performance as the joker was epic but would the movie been as bigger hit if he didnt ... die? :frowning2:
    i think it would but what your thoughts?

2. 2qt2bblond

I don't think it would have been as big as it was if he didn't die... sadly.

3. Bryan44

I agree. I mean he was a good actor and everything. But I think most people just wanted to see his last performance.

4. Adam

Well I think the joker made this movie as good as it is, without him it wouldn't have been that great I think.

5. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i think he was amazing as the joker... it's so tragic that it kind of indirectly caused his death... :'(

6. Greggers

If he did not die, the movie would have made less money and his acting would not have been so "legendary"

sorry, its trufax :x

7. New Camo Daz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i suppose it is :frowning2: id rather have him alive and the movie not been as big as hit. he was making another movie with that verne guy from big brother (mini me)., but since ledger died the movie wasn't finished :frowning2:

8. cjtom

cjtom Guest

They got Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell to finish the role for him! should be interesting...

9. New Camo Daz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

10. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm certain there were some people who weren't interested in Batman but wanted to see Heath in his last role, but the movie would have done great even if he had lived. If nothing else I wish he had lived long enough to give interviews on his experience in the role, because it's so drastically different from the roles he usually plays AND his own personality. But even if he were alive right now, his performance as the Joker was still mindfuck amazing.

11. Amy

Amy

Agreed.

12. TheRoof

heath ledger was the only thing good in that movie.
    i really didnt like the movie at all except his performance-which was pretty good.

13. premiumheart

Actually, I thought Aaron Eckhart did really well as Harvey Dent/Two-Face. He was my favorite character in the whole movie. Maggie Gyllenhaal also did loads better than Katie Holmes as Bruce's love interest.

As for the topic, I think that the movie would have sold less had Heath not died. But it's a Batman film and so it'll still sell a lot. And Heath's performance was really excellent, either way.

14. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly, I thought Two-Face's character was shitty no matter what. He had a lot of really cheesy lines (but the whole script was cheesy and full of forced humor, so I can't blame just him). He felt like a professional politician, which is guess is who he was, but I didn't like that they just kinda tossed him in the last half hour of the movie and then killed him off, meaning no sequel time for him.

15. kramer362

The movie may not have made as much money if he didn't die before its release, but I'm pretty sure there was all that oscar-buzz surrounding his performance as the Joker even before he died. Everyone did a great job in this movie though, not just Heath Ledger.

16. partietraumatic

its true that it got alot of publicity because of the fact he died. but i still think its an amazing performance and it would've been recognised even if he hadnt. its just a sad loss of a talent considering the amount of 'actors' around these days who cant actually act!

17. RainbowJay

When I heard the news of his death, I was shocked and felt a bit confused, since I wasn't sure if it was real or not
    but, daaaaaamn, he was a kickass actor, and a bit underrated before Brokeback and The Dark Knight (which are oddly, my top fave movies)

he was scarily awesome as the Joker and it was just plain fun whenever he appeared on camera :>
    oh and I love Nurse Joker, especially seeing it in IMAX amused me more, huuuge Joker in drag, woot woot

18. New Camo Daz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    haha i second that ^_^ as mentioned further up, i think harvey dent/two face was well played .

19. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, he won it! Congratulations, Heath.

20. limfjord96

thats a lie..Brandon Lee died in the Crow and his performance sucked and the movie sucked, both of which heath or the Dark Knight did not. I dont know if you know but Dark Knight was the first blockbuster movie shot with true IMAX cameras...that alonemade it huge, and the billions of DC comic book fans combined with brilliant advertising....just a thought