1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent movies with a lesbian character.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Canterpiece, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone know any? Here are the rules, the film should preferably not...

1) Be about two women in a relationship looking for a sperm donor, let's face it you know as soon as such a plot line is mentioned either one of three things will happen:

-one of the women will bump into this sperm donor and forget about her partner/wife in a second if this woman identifies as lesbian.

- Both of the women will fall for him and may fight over him, or if the don't know that they both like him then it's played as a joke/ dramatic storyline.

- They find a sperm donor, have the child together and then one of them dies suddenly (usually the non-biological mother, and if they don't die then they're the antagonist. However the biological mother can die too, especially if they just got married or are about to get married for some reason, sometimes it even happens during the wedding).

2) be a disruption to an opposite-sex marriage.

-They're described as the perfect couple, and then came Stacy (just a random names I'm going to use as an example here) stole John's wife Jill. Jill was very happy in her marriage but she felt it lacked something, and then came Stacy to ruin everything. Freaking Stacy. Chances are Stacy is portrayed as predatory and a threat to heterosexual women everywhere! The horror! The horror! Hide your wives! :lol:

Either that or Jill is cheating with Stacy on Jill's wedding day!

3) be about crazy, murderous, evil lesbians.

This is quite a common trope actually, in fact it has it's own TV tropes page!

Psycho Lesbian - TV Tropes

4) Be about a woman who "is sick of men".

No. Just no. Stop.

5) be about a teacher/student relationship

No.

6) end in suicide or death of both the characters.

- I know that's a lot to ask of a lesbian movie, but I mean come on!

7) be just a dream and the woman wakes up to her boyfriend.

I probably missed a load of, but these are the ones that tend to bug me the most. Let me know if you have any personal hates that I missed off!

#1 Canterpiece, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016