1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fullmetal Alchemist (Not Brotherhood) - Disappointment!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Invidia, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Spoiler warnings desu!

It was many years since I finished reading Fullmetal Alchemist and watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I've been avoiding the non-Brotherhood anime because I'd heard bad things.

But now I watched it and gawd was I disappointed. I can barely acknowledge it as an alternative story to the real one, it's so messed up in how it plays out with the ending and all. Also, there were a lot of differences with the personalities of the characters that ticked me off.

Anyone else relate?

2. Jellal

I think it's fine. Obviously not even half as good as Brotherhood...

But the fact that it exists doesn't make Brotherhood any worse. I thought it was neat to have a different take on the story out there, although some of it definitely sucked ... other parts of it had neat ideas, like how homunculi were the result of failed human transmutations.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    That was kind of cool, yeah.

Haha, had to re-watch the last few episodes of Brotherhood now to put my heart at ease. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's just so much better in every way. *love for Brotherhood*