Art and Digital art

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Capricorn98, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Capricorn98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ive recently got back into drawing and ive decided to order a tablet to do some digital art on. im interested if anyone here created digital art :icon_bigg

so its anyone into digital art or looking to get into it

this is the most i can do with a mouse XD

Attached Files:

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

That looks great! I like art and lately I've gotten into digital art since I got to do an elective class on it. Still working on figuring out how to use the tools on some of the programs though:slight_smile:

What program did you use to make that?

3. Capricorn98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didnt make the actual image, i just made a silly background and outfit here is the original image that i didnt actually create. i wish i was that good

ive found this software called FireAlpaca, its a free alternative, best one ive found XD you should try it, its really good, it gives you layers like photoshop so you can edit images without ruining them and play around XD

Attached Files:

#3 Capricorn98, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Awesome! I might try it:slight_smile:

5. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to draw a lot but lately, I haven't got the time to do so. I've transitioned from traditional to digital but it wasn't very smooth.

example

This one was done a few years back... it's basically just a random sketch with a little painting study. You get used to using a graphics tablet eventually. All you have to do is practice atleast 2 hours a day- just sketch and use it. :slight_smile:

#5 radicalmuffins, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  6. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Capricorn 98: It's not easy to do anything with a mouse haha, but your edit/drawing looks nice! You should do more :slight_smile:

@radicalmuffins Dang you're good at using a graphics tablet. I don't use mine a lot but I do love playing around with it when I have time. I'm too used to traditional art so I'm still a bit shaky digitally, but it's fun either way so :lol: Now I want to go draw more.

7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't done digital art in years, it was very hard to do with the tools I have.

Granted, I was using a cheap laptop touchpad but hey. Hoping to get a nice tablet when I finally have money, might pick up digital again.

8. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm getting pretty good at traditional art. Not godly, but pretty good in my own style.

I got a tablet from a friend of mine and started using it for digital art and...well...it's...okay, I guess. I look to references to help me out, but my digital art is still pretty shaky. There are only two pictures I've actually done that I'm proud of (I would show them, but like...I've uploaded them on an external social media site and I think that might break policy a little? I dunno hehe)

9. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

I'd say I'm alright at traditional art, hard to tell with your own art...
    But I'd love to try out digital.
    ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧
    (If only I had ze munniez...)

#9 Bobsleigh1, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2016
  10. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going back to traditional again. I used to do watercolour when I first started doing "serious" art when I was 8 :grin: My work requires me to travel around a lot and it's a tiring job (I love it though) but I've managed to buy basic watercolour paints and have been painting a few things again.

You can buy a cheap graphics tablet just to get the feel of using one and if you find that you like it, then you can invest on something expensive. Sometimes, digital just isn't for everyone so it's best you try it out first. You can borrow if you really don't want spending on it :slight_smile:

11. Rainbows~Exist

I've recently bought a tablet (Waccom Intuous something) and this software 'Black Ink' and I'm really enjoying! I don't have anything to share however as I'm still trying to get to grips with how it works :lol:

12. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I do a kind of mix? I draw on paper, then upload it into Photoshop and trace it uses the Pen Tool, then colour it. I'm not very good at colouring on paper (shading though) so it's the best way for me to use colour; but my drawings are definitely better on paper. Slowing I'm getting better at using Photoshop though, maybe one day my digital art will be as good as on paper.

I've got a whole album on my profile, but here's the most recent one:
    [​IMG]

13. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

Okay, thank you for the advice, RadicalMuffins ♪(´∪`●)ゝ
    I might start saving up for a cheap one~

#13 Bobsleigh1, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
  14. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All of the work I post anymore is digital. I used to do ink and colored pencils but found that my work looks a lot better when I do it on a computer. Here's my most recent piece; I've got more in an EC album, if anyone's interested.
    [​IMG]

Try uploading them to your album on EC. That's what I do with mine. Or if you don't want to do that, try a site like Imgur; that one is permitted on EC.

That's what I do with mine, too; only difference being is that my broke arse can't afford Photoshop, so I do all my work with GIMP.

That's a good piece, by the way. :slight_smile: It's interesting the way you do the characters, and then the background is stock; I do that a lot, too, although sometimes I do my backgrounds by hand if I'm feeling up to it or can't find a good stock image.

15. Cedar

I have a wacom tablet that's collecting dust. I don't think I'm very good at it, I'm having a hard time with it(when I was using it anyways). I think I'm better with "traditional" art than I am with a tablet.

16. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hahaha right, cause I'm a good Christian and TOTALLY bought Photoshop...:eusa_liar

That background isn't actually stock! But thank you. :slight_smile: