1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling with art while discovering my gender

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AyaseKishimoto, Apr 13, 2016.

1. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well i like to draw, but i recently started to feel that the desire of draw it was only my *male facade* trying to be full of work so i didn't have "weird thinks" (yeah that thinks of wanting to be a girl, transition, feeling that i was maybe trans and stuff like that) and now in retrospect, i feel that part of me was only trying to find something to do so i could make good impression to everyone (i mean be recognized as a "valuable person" for doing it), anyway i always pushed myself to hard for draw (and sometimes i didn't enjoy it)...
    But well, the fact is that i like drawing but i tried to do it some times those days and i felt no motivation, no mood to do it, i really want to draw but i can't (while drawing today i started to thinking on what moment i have to come out, thinking on my future and i end with my head stuck *i'm such a stupid girl*) but yeah, no motivation, and i feel like a *no need no prove myself anything*... So, how i can manage or analyze this feelings?... I don't know if this the right place to ask this haha, but whatever.

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Might've misinterpreted your post, so pardon me if I say something odd. But it sounds like you're simply uninspired, which is perfectly okay to feel. Every artist is going to experience periods where they just can't draw. Don't force yourself to do it. That's what made you dislike it sometimes, yeah?

But drawing can also help you when it comes to discovering your gender. Don't draw to suppress your thoughts. Draw to channel them. Draw yourself looking like how you would like to look. Don't look down and feel upset that it will never happen. Look down and let it be a reminder that, one day, what you see on that paper will be a reality.

3. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You man, yes you, you make my day with that answer it was what i needed... Thanks, you're so helpful that i will give you a hug (only if you want haha). Have a nice day...

I never thinked on drawing myself in the way i want to be :3...

PS. maybe was sadness of the moment but i feel more confident about drawing.