1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R&B/Hip Hop Artists That Are Overrated Or Underrated

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Apr 14, 2016.

1. ZenMusic

I try not to detract from anyone's talent, but I try to still be as honest as I can be about an artist. Here are some names :

Aaliyah
    I will never understand why people think this woman is overrated. Yes, it's true that many people are put on a pedestal after their deaths, but some are underappreciated during their time, and I honestly think this is the case with Aaliyah. I think some of her stans inflate her legacy, and every artist has those people, and they frankly aren't real fans, because that implies Aaliyah did not do enough when she was alive. The receipts for her influence are everywhere [YOUTUBE]ks3S2N4BD6E[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]FudW1jp8xLE[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]X6H_75iLnIU[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]Qhz8paeXCNE[/YOUTUBE]84H-WTId_s4[YOUTUBE]JdbGuUeAXpA[/YOUTUBE] Even people who were in the music industry at the same time as her were praising herhttps://books.google.co.uk/books?id=rwlBoSSahkYC&pg=PR1&lpg=PR1&dq=more+than+a+woman+aaliyah+book+beyonc%C3%A9&source=bl&ots=z3ww7axwm7&sig=eoJruy_7aobDDQkKynTzFtpY5ic&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOjO753I7MAhUH1hoKHYJBAXoQ6AEIMDAD#v=onepage&q=Aaliyah%20Beyonc%C3%A9&f=false
    Brandy
    Brandy is one of the few people I listen to that has grown both has an artist and as a person, and this is evident in her material. It seems as if people stopped paying attention to her after the whole car crash debacle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandy_Norwood#Automobile_accident and Human isn't her best work, but she has a sound like no other, and I think she's vastly underrated.
    Beyoncé
    I was never really a big Beyoncé fan, and up until recently I've never really understood the hype about her. I got Dangerously In Love a few weeks ago and it's actually now one of my favourite albums of all time, and after watching her perform live I think she is deserving of the praise she gets. However she has one of the worst fan bases in music industry history, it's one thing to insult someone for not liking Bey, but threatening to call the FBI because there was one picture leaked of Beyoncé without makeup Unretouched images of Beyoncé leaked, and the BeyHive went berserk is the epitome of idol worship taken to the extreme. She's aight.
    Those are just some I can think of off the top of my head, are there any artists you think aren't as great as people say they are or don't get enough credit?

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    After watching the TVOne series "Unsung" that featured R&B artists whom never got the global popularity that actually deserved. I would have to say from the top of my head that I feel songstress Miki Howard and Jennifer Holliday and Angie Stone are just a few artists who are very talented and very underrated in my opinion.