1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bend it like beckham: wanting jules and jess together, not a standard hero thought?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dobby, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Dobby

Out Status:
    A few people
    I just wondered, was it not normal to want jules and jess together? even my much younger self just thought it made so much sense and i remember with being so disappointed with how it ended out. was that not a standard hetro thought?
    i just presumed everyone would think that, but maybe not.

#1 Dobby, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Bend it like beckham: wanting jules and jess together, not a standard hero though

Cute movie. :grin: I wish they had ended up together, although it would have complicated the plot a bit with all a gay relationship implied. They did throw a nod or two in there to how close they were though.

3. Jellal

Re: Bend it like beckham: wanting jules and jess together, not a standard hero though

You know what? It's really funny you pointed that out, when I watched that when I was a lot younger I thought they were into eachother.

4. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yeeeeah, when I watched the movies when I was a lot younger that was actually what I though! They were so cute together and I wanted them to be together :lol:

5. Iamqm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Gosh, this movie was my favourite! Jules was basically my hero and I absolutely wanted the two to be together. Although I probably didn't realize it at the time.
    But I agreee with Argentwing, It definitely would have complicated the plot.

I actually met the woman this movie was inspired by and she's just great. She went on to study at the Imperial College London and now focuses on digital art & dance.

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I didn't think of it. But usually I don't think of pairing characters in television anyway. I remember they did "joke about" the two being romantic, right? Because one girl had short hair and the other's mum thought she was a boy (or boyfriend) when they were hugging? It's been a while since I saw the film, but distinctly remember liking it.