1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying To Ollie, Failing.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by renardjouerbass, Apr 22, 2016.

1. renardjouerbass

(This counts under sports, right? Eh)
    Well, I'm in a pickle. I've tried everything and I still can't do an Ollie on my skateboard.

So, I got the pop. Easy
    But then I get kinda confused. I know I have to slide my front foot up the board then an Ollie somehow magically happens; however, it doesn't. So, am I supposed to jump or something? Why does it only leave the ground like an inch or why can't I slide my front foot up the board without it just going right back to the ground? Eghhh

Any tips on doing an Ollie? It would be greatly appreciated :grin:

Thanks!

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, you are supposed to jump. You need enough force to push off the ground first; the force of the pop (which you do right at the tail end of the jump before you fly off) is what lifts the board with you, and sliding your foot up is what makes the board stay relatively level instead of just flipping vertical.

It can be pretty hard if you're sitting there thinking about all the steps. But it becomes almost instinctual after awhile.

#2 Argentwing, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016