1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans* Books?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by non, Apr 23, 2016.

1. non

non

Does anyone know of any books about trans people? All I've read so far is the children's book George (it's actually really good). Anyone have any other suggestions? Or any films about trans people? Just wanna be able to see myself in other people's stories, y'know? Thanks!:thumbsup:

2. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've read George too! There's also 'The Art of Being Normal' by Lisa Williamson which I bought yesterday. A person my friend knows said it was really good. Possibly some of David Levithan because he writes about people who aren't straight a lot. As for authors, Juno Dawson is trans - she's really lovely too (I met her yesterday). Some of her books still say James Dawson on though.

3. non

non

Oh yeah, I saw The Art of Being Normal in a bookshop recently and was thinking of getting it! I'll check out David Levithan and Juno Dawson too :slight_smile: That's so cool, glad to hear you met her :icon_bigg

4. thepandaboss

There's... (Just listing off the top of my head. I haven't read all these books but I own most of them)

- Nevada by Imogene Binnie- a punk trans girl goes on a road trip.

- I've Got a Time Bomb by Sybil Lamb- trans girl has a brain implant, reality is disorted (it's sci-fi?)

- Parrotfish- I'm not a huge fan of this book but it's basically about an FTM guy who comes out at school. YA book.

- Static- In a world where some people change gender at will, a girl is forced by her parents to transform into a boy. Her boyfriend must figure out what's going on.

Hope this helped! Only listing fiction but if you want non-fiction too I know several.

5. non

non

Thank you!! I'll check these out :slight_smile: Yeah, mainly fiction, but non fiction would be cool too!

6. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gracefully Grayson by Ami Polonsky is like my bible. I've literally read it about 20 times in the past year. I typically have it with me 24/7 too. It's an easy read, (young middle grade novel. Only about 200 pages or so) about a young trans girl (12 yo) who tries out for the lead in the school play. Super relatable for me on several different levels. One is the fact that it takes place in Chicago, which isn't that far from where I live.