1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Like Me - The Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tim, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim

I made a post about this a while back I believe, but I felt like making a new one XD

Anyone ever watch this show/movie? It was made in 2003-2004, and it's about a girl who dies one die by a toilet seat from a space shuttle hitting her. She then is told she's a grim reaper, and has to reap souls in order to win her "lights" into heaven.

So I just got done watching the movie that came out last week, and it was actually quite awesome. My thoughts on the movie:

Rube is no longer the leader... that sucks ._. I was happy to see George finally talk to her sister, though it sucked that she said that she couldn't see her anymore... I laughed so hard that the reapers took a chainsaw to their new leader for messing with them. o.o The ending scene was just... awesome. The minute all the post-its started falling to George, it was obvious that the "higher power" chose her as her groups new leader, which in my opinion, gave a good closing to the series, even though it may be revived.

So yea, just wanted to give my opinion on the movie, see if anyone else has watched it, or if anyone liked the series. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. mattypants

love the series.... but THERES A MOVIE!!!???

omg i must see it!

3. Cotton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love that show!!!
    i have the first two season on dvd lol
    but i didnt know they made a movie...i'll have to see it XD

4. Tim

Tim

Well, it JUST came out last week XD

Keep in mind, Daisy was recast, as her actress wasn't able to make it for the movie due to other engagements. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Tim

Tim

Like I said, I posted it a while back, but for those of you who don't know the series, this is the opening scene.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugWpj88EWt4[/youtube]

6. lostinthought9

I love that part in the vid^^

"all you have time to think of is 'oh shit'"...*BOOM*
    LOL, love it :grin:

7. LostAddict

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I absolutely loved the series. It was amazingly funny, dramatic, and had a really neat storyline. So sad that it got cancelled so early.
    The movie, however, I'm very iffy on. It was alright, nowhere near as good as the tv show, but it was nice to have some finality. I like that they dealt with the Reggie and George thing, but I'm not sure if I like the how they dealt with it. Also, the new actress for Daisy did not capture the role at all. Sorry, but Laura Harris did it infinitely better, and I can understand that they couldn't cast her, but I think there was other people better suited for the role than the person they chose.
    So it was very... bittersweet.

8. Tim

Tim

I agree on the Daisy part, it bugged the heck out of me, she didn't really fit it...

And Roxy... what the heck did they do to her character? They like murdered her, at the beginning the awesome Roxy was there, then all of the sudden, she says screw the rules? -.-

But I did like the way they handled Reggie.

And btw, for those curious, last word we got from HBO/creators, is that the series MAY be resurrected based on DVD sales, (like Family Guy XD) but nothing has been mentioned as to the sales yet.

9. jazzrawr

I love Dead Like Me! It was so funny. :grin:
    I loved George. Very witty.

I want to see this movie now. XD